Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Knee Surgery...

Mary1063

Saw my surgeon this A.M.

Having surgery on my right knee Friday to fix both lateral and medial meniscus and my ACL and fractured knee cap.

Will have Left knee done at a much later date...

So much for having time and strength to grieve. :(

Feeling very lost...

You can do both, dear Mary. Fix the physical and the strength for the grieving will come. I am sorry that you have to have surgery but I am glad the your doctors seem to know what they are doing. I know that your heart must be very heavy. Remember, you have all of us who hold you in our hearts during this time. I believe that there will be many angels watching over you on Friday. Anne

Thank you Dear Anne.

I'm up for a few minutes. Well, not really up... I'm awake to have a little bit to eat and more pain meds. I've got my Little Man close by.

New pics of him enclosed.

Goodnight. XO

post-16477-0-72465100-1382405573_thumb.j

post-16477-0-05523800-1382405585_thumb.j

post-16477-0-55368200-1382405596_thumb.j

post-16477-0-92643200-1382405607_thumb.j

post-16477-0-56784000-1382405619_thumb.j

I forgot to post these few photos the other day when I came across them of Leo and Shan.

From about a year ago. The love in my brother's face speaks volumes for Shan. As much as my heart hurts, I Thank God they are together eternally.

post-16477-0-79662000-1382406934_thumb.j

post-16477-0-31116100-1382406951_thumb.j

post-16477-0-68858000-1382406964_thumb.j

Mary,

I am leaving Fri. on a retreat, but I will be praying for you while I am gone. Thank you for sharing the pictures, Leo & Shannon look so happy together! And Little Man is adorable, I'm glad you have him.

Mary, I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you once again enter the medical world for your surgery. I know these days are just so very challenging with all you have lost and experienced. I pray the surgery goes well and will watch for your post.

Peace and health,

Mary

Made home from surgery. I'm still not feeling too much pain yet... As I got a block that isn't worn off yet. It's starting though. But I've got a pain pump underneath my knee immobilizer. And have to also keep up on oral morphine starting in a few hours. He said I need to keep take as directed to keep up with the impending agony that I know is on its way by morning.

Pretty dopey. I really hate narcotics and the feel. I'm pretty nauseated from the anesthesia but was given Zofran during and after surgery and sent home with some. This is the start of many months of recovery. I go next week to see surgeon about what he found and did. He told hubby there was more extensive damage.

Goodnight. Just wanted to check in.

Not sure when I will be back as the tough part is not here yet.

Blessing to everyone.

Mary,

Glad you made it through surgery. Please let us know what the surgeon says. Praying you have a better than expected recovery.

Dear Mary,

Yes, snug in, take care of your healing, and snuggle with Little Man.

Let everyone else take care of you for a while, dear one.

You just rest and heal. I hope you are able to control the pain and that you can get some good sleep. Be sure to keep drinking fluids and eating healthy foods.

*<twinkles>*

fae