Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Whole Year

SadieAnn

It's been one year. One year since my whole world fell apart. One year since my brother Max was hit. One year since he was pronounced dead. It's so unreal. I can still remember the very last words I said to hime before he left for work on that Tuesday in October last year. He was so happy. He had found love with the most wonderful girl ever. It's just so hard without him; it's gotten hard to find things enjoyable now. I miss you so much Max. <3 <3 <3

post-16549-0-54009600-1383165079_thumb.j

I'm sorry, SadieAnn. Life is just unfair, isn't it? :(

Dear SadieAnne,

I am so sorry for your loss. We find that in grief time does not matter. We will always miss those we love. I think that the most important thing we can do is allow those feelings of loss to happen. Give ourselves permission to be sad and also give ourselves time to remember all those good times we had with our loved ones. I hope you can find some time to think of those good times you had with Max and smile. This is a good place to come and share your feelings. Anne

SadieAnn, my dear, we all know how challenging these milestone days can be. Sometimes it helps to plan a ritual of remembrance as a way to honor and remember our precious loved ones. Although this article refers to Valentine's Day, I think its message may be relevant for you (and for all of us, as yet another round of holidays approaches): Grief Rituals Can Help on Valentine's Day

Dear SadieAnn

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your brother.

I am 50 and I lost both my big brothers... Twins... One, "Ziggy" Samual June of 2004 he was 43, the other, Leo May of this year, he was 52, and my SIL Shannon (Leo's wife) in Sept of this year.

Losing our siblings is just something unique in that we have grown with them all our lives.

I hope you have a good support system.

EVERYONE here is so very warm and supportive.

((((((Hugs)))))) and peace to you.