Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Only Daughter, My Only Child

Guest Guest_Gail_*

Guest Guest_Gail_*
:( My daughter was killed in a car accident on July 14, 2005. She was only 19. She left behind her 3 year old daughter. I am now raising my grandaughter. It is so hard to know that she will never know her mother the way I did. She does not understand why I cry all the time. My daughter was my life. She still lived at home and was my best friend. How do I go on knowing I will never get to talk to or laugh with her? She loved the holidays which are even harder because I have to go on because of my grandaughter.

It's a club non of us wanted to belong to.

My 33 year old son was June 28th.

How do you cope no one knows.

Not much help,your not alone there are alot of us out there.

Guest margaret

:( My daughter was killed in a car accident on July 14, 2005. She was only 19. She left behind her 3 year old daughter. I am now raising my grandaughter. It is so hard to know that she will never know her mother the way I did. She does not understand why I cry all the time. My daughter was my life. She still lived at home and was my best friend. How do I go on knowing I will never get to talk to or laugh with her? She loved the holidays which are even harder because I have to go on because of my grandaughter.

I am so sorry for your loss. Do you find some comfort in having her daughter with you? I can't imagine looking after someone when I find it difficult to even look after myself. I find that when I talk about my son with people it really helps me even if I do cry sometimes we do laugh I like to hear stories about him. Maybe your grandaughter would like to hear about her mom and in this way she will know her. I don't know how we go on not being able to talk to them or hold them that to me is really diffiicult also. I dont even want the holiday's to come. I am not putting up a tree I may never put up a tree again. Margaret

I am so sorry for your loss. Do you find some comfort in having her daughter with you? I can't imagine looking after someone when I find it difficult to even look after myself. I find that when I talk about my son with people it really helps me even if I do cry sometimes we do laugh I like to hear stories about him. Maybe your grandaughter would like to hear about her mom and in this way she will know her. I don't know how we go on not being able to talk to them or hold them that to me is really diffiicult also. I dont even want the holiday's to come. I am not putting up a tree I may never put up a tree again. Margaret

Sometimes it is harder having her daughter with me because she reminds me so much of her mother and at the same time I am so glad I have her with me, a part of my daughter. My husband doesnot wish to talk about this, so that makes it hard. I have to be strong for my grandaughter, but who is going to be strong for me. It seems like I do not have any one I could talk to. Thanks for listening. Gail

It's hard to look.

I wish Paul had kids but I may have had the same problem as you, when you see them it hurts as much as it comforts.

The only option I had was a picture, I thought I would put one over my computer seeing that I spend a lot of time here. I haven't done that yet but my wife put pictures in the living room, whenever I look at them it hurts. I told my wife about this and she asked me if I would like her to move them. My answer was no, maybe someday I will be able to look at them and remember the good times.

Be ready, someday your husband will want to talk your ear off, it will come in a flood.

]

I am so sorry. I look at my daughters pictures all the time and remember the good times we had. I wish my husband would talk, I think he thinks it will all go away. I need his support now.