Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Six Months Already

Mary1063

Sadly and very unbelievably, today is six months since my dear big brother passed. I honestly have no words, oddly enough, because it feels like I need to type a book...

But words continue to escape me...

This journey seems impossible.

With each day that passes, you are doing it...it may not feel like significant strides to you, it doesn't while you're in it...but with much time, you will look back and see how far you have come. It's like seeing a child grow...when they are ours and we see them every day, we don't notice, but the grandparents come once a year and notice a remarkable change in them! That is how are grief is...subtle and unnoticeable strides...

Mary, you may wish to go over to the topic about 'is grief ever resolved'. There are some good posts there. My heart reaches out to you as you carry so much loss. I do believe it is possible to heal.

Peace to your heart,

Mary

Six months seemed esp. hard to me and to many others...reality has set in and you realize it's not all just a bad dream. Take care of yourself as best as you can. It helped me a lot to try and find something/anything good in life, no matter how small...nothing is trivial if it is a positive. How are you doing physically right now, Mary? Thinking of you and your losses...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dear Mary. I was thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Are you having physical therapy on your knee yet? How is Little Man doing?

I know this is a very hard time for you. I hope you are caring for yourself. Only do what you want to do. The ‘fog’ will last for you for a while.

This Christmas I made a snow globe with a list of ten good memories Jim and I shared over our forty years together and I decorated an ornament and inside I have the names of special people and among those names included with my Jim are Marty, our forum grief counselor, your Ziggy, Leo and our Shannon, Ms Snowwhite’s fiancé, Adam, Mary’s Bill, Kay’s George, Jan’s Pete, Fae’s Doug, Queeniemary’s Mike, Arlene’s John, Harry’s Jane, Pumkin’s Marco, Nat’s Ruth, Anthony’s Celene, Stephen’s Kathy, Deborah’s Larry, Kim’s Dragon, Karen’s Ron, and Boggieman’s Paula. I have found that it is good for me to mention Jim’s name and I wanted a way to honor him and others whom I came to know through our forum. It will be 19 months on the 25th that my Jim slipped into his other life. I wait for our reunion.

You take care of yourself and know we are all here for you when you visit us. Anne

How lovely of you to reach out to Mary and to include so many of our beloved's in your ornament. Thank you, Anne

Mary

Anne, that is so sweet and thoughtful of you!

Mary, I too have been wondering how you're doing physically...any updates?

Oh Anne, thank for remembering My Brothers and Shannon.

Thank you all.

I'm sorry I've not been here. I've been hospitalized, as six days ago I suffered several seizures. After tests, I was told the part of the brain in back of the head, the cerebellum, is much lower than it should be. And many of the blood vessels are shrinking and dying. This is hereditary along with the diabetes I have and my brothers had.

I'm home. On medication. Very tired and weak. The cerebellum issue unfortunately has no treatment. It's fairly rare... Mostly in diabetics... But both Ziggy and Leo had this.

I will be having PT and OT come out to me.

I'm very very sleepy. I just wanted to say thank you. And sorry I've been absent.

Holiday hugs to you all.

Dear Mary, I am sorry to hear that you have had to be hospitalized. You just have to be so very run down after all that has happened. I hope you can take care of yourself and get to a place of better health. You are never forgotten and though your presence is so welcomed here...yo owe no apology for not being here more often. You are a part of this circle and so you are, in a very real sense, always present.

Peace

Mary

Oh Mary, I'm sorry to hear this. Do please take care of yourself, try not to stress over the holidays, and let your hubby take care of you as much as possible. We are always here whenever you can come here. Wishing you the best Christmas possible...