Music That Soothes Me

enna

Thank you, Anne!

• 3 weeks later...

I still have tears in my eyes!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thank you ... I am definitely looking to see if I can get a copy of Channel of Your Peace ... and of course Les Mis and Bring Him Home ... my Ric wasn't young but it brought me to tears (I've done so well today ...) and now they don't want to stop

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://olivianewton-john.com/LIVON-announcement.html

I am a big Olivia Newton John fan and she has a song for all occasions.  One her recent songs, "Let Go, Let God" has been helping me but she is coming out with a new CD strictly for the grieving soul. 

FYI

Olivia Newton-John, Beth Nielsen Chapman & Amy Sky Create “LIV ON” -
A New Album to Aid & Comfort Those Experiencing Grief & Loss While Using the Power of Music To Heal

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anne, that song and video are so beautiful. Thank you! I thought others might appreciate reading the story behind the song:

In her most personal music video yet, Reba McEntire says goodbye and pays tribute to her beloved father, Clark McEntire, who passed away in October of 2014. The song? “Just Like Them Horses.” The result? Stunningly touching.

Filmed in black and white, the brand-new clip begins with a voice-over by McEntire: “How do you say goodbye?” she asks. “How do you say goodbye to somebody who made you, raised you, taught you, disciplined you, loved you? How do you say goodbye?”

“If you love, me don’t you be afraid / To look in my eyes and open the gate,” McEntire sings in the chorus. “Then watch me ride beneath a newborn sun /Just like them horses / When it’s time to run.”

The video, filmed on the McEntires’ land in Chockie, Okla., is filled with gorgeous scenery and, of course, beautiful horses.

“Those old hills mean a lot to me,” McEntire says in a press release. “I lived there 21 years, and they still call me back time after time.”

McEntire’s mother Jacqueline also makes an appearance.

“Mama had to be in the video. She was and still is the glue to our family,” the “Going Out Like That” hitmaker explains. “Without a doubt, the ranch wouldn’t be what it is today without her. She was the partner, bookkeeper, No. 1 hired hand, cook, my best friend and, as I said, the glue. So many times, things could have gone south, but she held us all together.”

The song is particularly special to McEntire because of the role it played in her father’s funeral.  Read on here

• Upvote 1