Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Mary, Shannon's Sil

I received this email from Mary's husband, and he asked me to pass the info on to all of you:

Mary had a moderate heart attack on Valentine's evening. Thank God she "sensed" something was not right by her heart feeling like it was beating out of her chest and intense sweating. She has much too much family history of heart distress from her two brothers and little sister, as well as their parents. She only has her little sister left.
Anyhow, she is holding her own. Drs want her a little stronger before performing, as far as we know now, a triple bypass surgery. Unless she gets worse, that will be done Monday morning. No computer, phone, or iPad are allowed in ICU. I would not want her to be concerned with electronics anyhow.
She did want me to email you to ask you to let everyone know that she will be absent from posting for quite sometime. I promised I would find your email in her files and write to you.
She's in very good hands. She is comfortable and the surgery should go just fine. Her Dr is not worried and I am not either. We went through this with her brothers and her sister and they did fine at the time. Of course I know she wishes her brothers were here. As well as Shannon. But she is in good spirits. Her little sister is arriving Friday for a while.
Thanks for your time. God Bless
Regards,
Butch

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kay, thank you so much for passing that on. Mary has been through so much. If you are in touch please tell them both (Mary and Butch) that I am praying for them and thinking about them and that we look forward to hearing from Mary someday when she is feeling up to it. Mary

Yes, Kay ~ please do let Mary's husband know that she will be held close in our thoughts and prayers. She is part of our family here, she is wrapped in our collective arms, and she is not alone. I'm so sorry that this family has endured so much pain ~ far more than their share, that's for sure. Not fair at all :(

I asked him to please keep us updated and he said thank you to all who have supported their family. I did tell him they'd be in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, Kay, for this update.

Many prayers are being sent to your family, Butch. We are family here and we hold you all close to our hearts. From my heart to yours dear Mary, I send you love and many, many of those hugs right back at you.

Anne

Update on Mary:

Thanks to you and everyone. Mary's surgery is now @7am tomorrow. She is lucky to have the same cardio thoracic surgeon that Leo had. Will let you know how things come about. I did read everyone's thoughts and wishes, but I do not know Mary's password to sign in. And I forgot to ask her tonight. She was quite nerved up. She's resting comfortably now though.
Thank you for your prayers. Good night.

Butch

Woke up early, figured it was to pray for Mary. I don't know what state she's in so don't know what time zone, but assume it's earlier than here, since I'm in Oregon.

Mary, you are in the hearts and minds of everyone on this site. We send our love, our wishes for your healing, and thoughts to you as you undergo this surgery. May you heal and be peaceful...Mary

Dear Mary,

We are all sending love and healing prayers to you, dear One.

I hope you can use your time in the hospital to rest and recover as fully as possible. Let everyone take care of you while you heal.

{{{hugs}}}

and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Mary dear,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today as you undergo surgery. Butch, use this time to take care of yourself, also. I have you all in my thoughts today and always. Anne

Another update from Butch:

The surgery took nine hours. It turned out when they got in she needed a quadruple bypass. She still was not awake this morning and they fought overnight to keep her BP up because it was extremely low. She began waking some about noon today. I just came home because I'm exhausted and she is stable but still just sleeping. She will be extubated tomorrow morning should her BP rise and remain that way. She will have quite a recovery time. Her Dr said she has a lot of scarring on the back side of her heart. This heart attack is the second one she's had.
It's almost 6pm and our two grandsons are wanting my time so they are coming over for a bit.

Thank you and everyone for the thoughts, wishes, and prayers.

Dear Kay and Butch,

Thank you so much for the update.

I know we are all holding Shannon's Mary in prayer and in our hearts.

I am glad the grandsons are coming over.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Dear Mary and Butch, Please know that you all continue to be in my heart and in my prayers. I can not even imagine how exhausted all of you are. This has just been so much for you to go through. Thank you, Butch, for the update.

Peace and healing be yours,

Mary

New update from Butch:

Apologies for failing to update you this week. It has been a trying one. I along with my grandsons and son have all been hit by the flu badly. The kids are pretty resilient. Me, not so much...

Mary is one week post bypass and is having more difficulty than Leo did. He bounced back within a week in 2006 and was home after a week. She is having breathing issues, low blood pressure issues, and blood clots. Despite being on blood thinning agents. She wants nothing more than to come home though. And she will in time.
I've not seen her since Monday. Difficult but is what is best for her. She can't go catching the flu!
Thanks for thinking of her.

Stay warm. It's going to be below zero tonight here. And more snow Monday.

cleardot.gif

Dear Kay,

Thank you for the update. I hope you are warm and snugged in for the weekend.

I add my voice to Marty's words ^ and also send Mary some *<fairy dust>*

Kay, you stay warm. I have had to turn on the heat here, as the fires were not holding against the wind and cold. But I am thankful to be warm and not needing to go out this weekend.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Dear Butch,

I hold you all in my prayers and in my heart as you deal with all this sickness and pain. Please give Mary our love,

Mary