Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Mary, Shannon's Sil

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mary, Can't wait to hear from you (hopefully tomorrow)! I hope you don't push yourself and take it very easy, very slowly. We'll all be here when you're ready. You have an angel in Butch.

Hugs, we've missed you!

UPDATE:

Hi Kay dear, I can't find my login info right now. I just wanted to send this quick note to everyone.

Hi everyone. It's Monday, ST. Patrick's Day. I got home from the hospital Saturdsy. Recovering is going to be difficult on my body and my mind. I feel very different only finding the words seems impossible right now. Only that the dr says this is normal after such surgery and life event. I will have rehab here at home and a nurse days while hubby is at work. For now anyway. I don't remember my login info for group and I don't have energy to look through my stuff to find it. I am sending this to Kay. Thank you Kay for keeping everyone updated. And to everyone for thoughts prayers and everything thank you so much. I promise to write more when my patience allows me. Hugs love an helping to all. Xoxo

What a beautiful message to wake up to, dear Mary. You take care of your precious body and we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Focus on self-care now. Love, Anne

My dear Mary, You are such a trooper and now home to heal. May it go smoothly for you. I can only imagine how tired you are as you also grieve the loss of dear Shannon and your brother. You are in my heart,

Mary

NEW UPDATE:

Butch again. Mary is back in the cardiac ward inpatient. She has been having ups and downs in her blood pressure as well as dizziness and arrhythmia. This entire experience the last few weeks has just been too much. Her Drs are taking precautions and keeping her there right now. She will continue cardiac rehab as she stabilizes. It's possible they will have to place a pacemaker if things continue this route. Just another bump in the road.
I will have her email you both when she is more able and stronger. She is very discouraged because this is all a repeat of her brothers issues.
Goodnight.

Well, our Mary just doesn't seem to get a break! This must be so stressful on you, Butch. I continue to keep you in thought and prayers. Give Mary our love and let her know that we are sending up prayers.

Anne

My dear Mary, There are just no words for all you have been through and I can easily imagine how discouraged you must feel at this point. Know that we are with you and Butch and we hold you in our hearts. I hope things stabilize quickly. We hold you and care deeply for you and all you are dealing with.

Mary

Kay, thanks for update. Praying for healing for Mary, and for peace and comfort for both Mary and Butch. They have gone through so very much, it is time for a break.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

• 4 weeks later...

Mary has been in rehab, is back home now. She's having problems with speech, vision, and her head, typing is hard. Hopefully she can come back on soon. She's got a motorized wheelchair and a walker.

Friday is Shannon's birthday and Sunday hers and Leo's anniversary.

Kay, I was just yesterday wondering how Mary was doing. Thank you for this update. I am sorry to hear that she is having the problems you described but glad she is going home at last. Thanks so much, Mary

Butch said she can't type, so she dictated a note for him to write for her, for fae, which I forwarded to her by email. Poor Mary, she's having a rough time of things!

Dear Mary and Butch,

We are all tossing lots of *<fairy dust>*your way, along with prayers, loving energy, and huge, huge scrunchings of {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} for you.

Sunday is a good day for us all to get better, stronger, healthier, and more ready to go out and jump in a warm mud puddle with all ten toes. :)

Happy Easter you two, and I hope the good old Easter Bunny drops of a jelly bean or two as he hops through the house. :)

Mary, I am holding you extra close in my heart, and I know that you know that Shannon, Leo, and so many other *<angels>* are also holding you extra close, and filling you with our love.

We cherish you and want you to get well and smile again.

Blessings and

Hoppy Easter! :D

*<twinkles>*

fae

Dear Kay,
This is Butch. Mary is struggling with her sight and coordination, including typing. She is desperately wanting to read all her mail, and go to the group. She is as stubborn as a mule. I am awake with her and reading her mail to her. She wants me to reply to you.
"Thank you Kay for telling me about Fae. It breaks my heart to hear this news of her cancer. I am going to pray very hard. Miracles do happen. I still believe that to be true. Please pass all my prayers, thoughts, love, and 'twinkles' along to her. And this photo Butch googled. Of 'twinkles'. Please remind her to rest and follow every order. Not only is her darling love above sending love to her, but I know my brothers and Shannon are too. So many Angels. I will do my best to recover enough faculties enough to be able to participate with better vision and typing on my own. You may share my email with Fae or anyone else. However, my concern is that Fae rest and get every ounce of love and support from your loving fire I know that is so strong"
It is past 3am here. I am going to try to get my stubborn wife to sleep. Please pass on my thoughts and prayers to Fae as well.
Photo for Fae from Mary. :)post-914-0-48931800-1397885121_thumb.jpg

Mary and Butch,

It's been a while since we've heard from you, I can only hope you're doing okay and progressing a little each day. Do know you remain in our thoughts and prayers.

A new note from Butch:

This is Butch again typing for Mary. She is really struggling to get her faculties back. Her deficits are not getting any getter. Each day that passes indicates less possibility things will improve. She is fighting added depression because of the frustration. I managed to get a very lengthy leave of absence from work with pay to be home with her for more inspiration in rehabilitation. I also know that it is now May and the one year anniversary of Leo's passing is weighing on her.

She still really cannot type because of coordination issues on that left side and vision issues.
Thank you for your thoughts.
We pray for the group nightly. Especially for Fae. I hope she is fairing well.

Thank you, Kay, for posting this message. And to Butch, if he sees this, Please know you and Mary continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. This has been such a long time of stress and illness and death for you both. Please pass on our love and prayers to Mary.