Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Mary, Shannon's Sil

For Mary and Butch and their family,

We are all holding you in prayer and I am adding some *<fairy dust>* to settle around you and bring you tiny bits of light and joy. This is a terribly tough time for you, and I am praying that G*d will ease your burden and give you moments of peace and rest. You all need both.

Butch, this is landing very heavily on your heart, and I hope you have a good counselor to help you to help Mary. I know she needs your encouragement, and you need some emotional support that Mary does not have the strength to give you right now.

I am holding you both close in my heart, and sending much love and good energy.

Blessings to you

fae

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stopping by to say hello and wishing all in your family sunshine. Prayers continue as you heal, dear Mary. I know you have many thoughts weighing in your heart.

I'm glad that you were able to get some time from your work, Butch, so that you can be with Mary.

Keeping you close.

Anne

This is Butch... Typing for Mary.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm overloaded with frustration with inability to do so much. I apologize for not being able to be here.

My prayers are with everyone.

I wanted to share a couple photos... Of Shannon's new niece who arrived two weeks ago. Maddie. :) short for Madyleine. And she shares Shannon's middle name. She came out screaming! I guess she had a lot to say... :)

Take care of each other please.

post-16477-0-42957100-1399217948_thumb.j

post-16477-0-76366800-1399217961_thumb.j

Dear Butch,

Thank you for being in touch and for the beautiful photos of new little Maddie. We welcome her to the world. I hope things are easing a little bit for all of you, and please toss a lot of *<fairy dust>* all over Mary for me.

Thank you so very much for the sparkles, too, and for your presence. I am holding you and Mary in my heart.

Much Love and

*<twinkles>*

fae

Dear Mary and Butch,

It is always good to see your posts and with this post a picture of Shannon's beautiful new. I hope you, Mary, are doing a bit better each day. You are in our hearts and prayers. That baby is beautiful. Shannon would be delighted and IS delighted.

Mary

Mary and Butch,

How very precious she is. She is definitely saying "Get that bright light out of my face!"

For you Mary, remember "just baby steps". Hoping each new day will bring improvement.

Luv,

Karen

Mary and Butch,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share the picture of your beautiful new baby! What a gift they are, be it niece, grand, or whatever the relationship. And what a beautiful name! She is a true gift from God.

I totally understand your frustration. It's so hard when we can't do what we want, and you've had so much to contend with! I hope it gets easier for you and you get the abilities back that you so desire.

• 1 month later...

This is a message I received from Butch today. He asked me to pass it along to everyone. My heart is with Mary and all the family. I believe that there can never be enough prayers and good wishes ~ please keep them coming for this family.

Hi Anne, 
It's Butch.  I'm just seeing this tonight.  I apologize.  
Mary is in ICU with pneumonia.  She will be okay.  With the strokes and previous 
pneumonia and heart attacks she's suffered, they have her really on close watch.  
She is intubated and sedated to really keep her resting.  I've had her in a 
nursing home because I still must work and it was just too much to have her home 
and unable to do anything... Including talk or walk from her strokes.  So she 
developed pneumonia in the nursing home.  She is so susceptible though with all 
her issues.  She is on IV antibiotic treatment.  Heparin to prevent blood clots.  
When she gets off the respirator she will have lots of treatments with the 
pulmonary team.  To treat and prevent pneumonia.  Praying by early this week she 
will be extubated.  
Thursday was ten years since Ziggy passed.  
I hope you are well.  I pray for everyone in the group.  Please pass along this 
to them.  And I will do better at updating.  
God bless.  

Anne, thank you for posting this. I just can't believe all Shannon and Butch have been through. It seems never ending. Prayers and love to them.

Healing prayers.

Dear Mary, Butch, and Shannon and Leo if you are listening,

We are all praying for you here. You are a part of our family here, around Marty's fire, and we are all sending prayers and healing love.

The love is for all of us.

I just got home, and this is the first post I have checked.

Butch, please tell Mary, because I know she can hear you, that I am sending lots of love and lots of *<twinkles>* to her, and filling her ICU with as much love as she wishes.

Also, I am sending all my good wishes, and thoughts of healing and comfort.

Much Love,

fae

I just got home a bit ago and will read and answer the rest tomorrow, but i want to say to Butch (and please pass on to Mary when she's able), that my heartfelt prayers are with you. I don't even ask why any more, I know you've gotten way more than your share and I don't get it, but I pray each day that God will help you through it and restore Mary's health so she can be with you. Hang in there, I'm glad you have her where they are taking good care of her and keeping a close watch.

• 1 month later...

Some of you have been asking about Mary, so I want to share the note I received from Butch:

Hi Kay,
Sorry, we have been quite busy. Mary is still at Yale. Doing the same.
More sadly though is news of Shannon's little 2yr old nephew (her brother and family live out in CA) has been just been diagnosed with a rare brain cancer, Atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor (ATRT). He began vomiting almost continuously with intense sleepiness and very unbalanced walking or even sitting. They finally took him in after a week and did scans and tests. They are at ST. Jude's in Memphis now. Just Mark, his wife, Jack, and their baby girl (she is not quite four months and still nursing and attached to Mommy). Their 19yr old and 16yr old and other family are caring for their almost 7yr old who just began the school year.
Obviously this is very concerning to our family as Shannon was our family... And we have become close to her brother.
Prayers would be appreciated. They caught this early. He had brain surgery yesterday to remove as much of the tumor as possible, though part of it is inoperable. He will be having chemotherapy... Intravenously and into his cerebral spinal fluid. This type of cancer is VERY aggressive. So they are being very aggressive. Because of his age, radiation isn't an option right now.
No change in Mary's neurological state. Still no word on MS or Parkinson's diagnosis. Should be soon. Dr said that she has severe diabetic neuropathy in nearly every part of her body. Muscles, brain, digestive system, kidneys, cardiac...
She's where she needs to be. That's all that matters. I am now able to take her outside in her wheelchair for fresh air on her "good" days. Unfortunately home will not be an option. When she is discharged from Yale she will be going back into a nursing facility.
Thankfully I had most of the summer off. But return to work in a couple weeks.
Thank you for checking on us. In a month it will be a year since Shannon's passing. But right now it's her precious little nephew that needs immense prayers.
Peace and prayers to everyone on the forum.

Prayers for Mary, and for Shannon's little nephew. So frightening for a child to be so ill. Thank you for the update Kay, I have been wondering about Mary. Positive thoughts, and warm hugs to them all.

QMary

Thank you for sharing the news about Mary and Shannon's nephew. I am so sorry to hear about the darling little boy. I hope Mary will soon be at least back in a nursing facility, I hope in rehab. I am holding the whole family in prayer and hope.

*<twinkles>*

fae

I hope so too, fae. I can only imagine how hard this is for both of them. I am glad Mary has Butch to be by her side and I pray God gives him strength daily as well as her comfort and encouragement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kay,

Just a quick note to let you know Mary is working hard on speech, physical, and occupational therapies. And is exhausted. I have read your emails to her and Anne's as well. She smiles... As much as she possibly is able to. She is getting used to medication regimen for the MS and Parkinson's but honestly no improvement. There may never be improvement, just slowed progression. That's hard to measure at this point.
Little Jackson has endured more surgery, and chemotherapy. So much more than any child should ever face. September is childhood cancer awareness month. He is fighting like a little trooper. More smiles than many ill adults. Smiles for staff and smiles for other little ones. Smiles for his Mommy and Daddy. Even in the very very sickest moments. It's amazingly touching.
The 10th of this month is one year already since Shannon lost her battle. Not sure where the year went so quickly. Mary remembers. I talk to her. I ask her about things. How she feels. She cannot reply in words but I understand her body language.
Will keep in touch. Hope all is well with you.
Butch.

My dear Butch, Thank you for the updates. Hard to believe it is a year since Shannon died. There is still so much on your plate, I can only imagine how exhausted you are. Little Jackson, you and Mary are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace

Mary

I just knew you would do it, Mary. Your determination is inspiring. Give Mary a big hug from me, butch.

Children are so resilient. I am happy that Jackson is smiling ~ he continues to be in my prayers.

Yes, it does not seem possible that a year has almost passed since Shannon's death. I believe that she is looking over many of us.

You are a very special person, Butch. Thank you for updating us. Know that we hold you close.

Anne

Dear Butch,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update with everything else you are carrying right now.

Mary, I am proud of you and so happy you are having some headway. Here's some *<twinkles>* for you. This next year, even with Shannon gone, is going to get better for you, I just know.

Much, much Love and lots of {{{HUGS}}}

fae

Hi Kay,

I just received an email from Shannon's brother with devastating news regarding Jackson. I cannot explain now because I am with Mary. I am asking for as many prayer warriors as possible to simply pray for peace and comfort in the coming days for their baby boy and for their family.
It's ironic as I was driving to see Mary a bit ago... Before I received this devastating email.... I saw and captured the attached image in the sky. (I hope you can see the rainbow) Shannon and all who have passed shining down... For Jackson.
I'm here with Mary... About to give her a nice shower.
Please pass on requests for prayers for Jackson. We met him when he was Just One. The sweetest baby boy.
Thank you so much.
Butch

Waiting for permission from Butch to share the latest news here, but it's not good. Please pray for baby Jackson.