Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Nine Months And Still Hurting.

:( Today it is cold and snowing here in Southern New Brunswick, CANADA :(

December 13th marks nine months since my dearest Jeannie died in Palliative Care. My brain tells me I should be "getting over it" just a bit by now, but it still hurts a LOT.

The snow reminds me of a Johnny Horton song that was a nice waltz tune in the "good ole days" but now just reminds me of what I have lost. :(

............It is called "Whispering Pines"

WHISPERING

If you want to hear the music you will have to scroll down to below the words and click on the arrow (play) button.

Walt - Believe it or not (and I know you don't...) you are "getting better". I bet you don't cry as much as you did. You can't be rushing this kind of thing. No matter how long it's been, I don't think it will EVER not hurt. This coming Friday will be 13 months for me. I STILL can't believe that I have spent 13 months without the love of my life. Everyday when I get home, it is still so hard to believe that he's not inside the house - that I have to spend another evening sitting there by myself. I wonder everyday if I'm EVER going to get passed this - but I know I will. I will never get over it, but I will get through it. And so will you. I hope that you do things to keep yourself busy. If it wasn't for me going to work everyday I would have gone stark-raving crazy by now. I'm trying to find things to do to somewhat keep my mind off of it. I was just telling myself this weekend that I need to find something to do on the weekends because they are definately my lonliest times. They seem to just drag by.

I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but things will get better - they HAVE to, right? I figure....they couldn't get much worse.

My thoughts are with you and of course, everyone here.....

Take care.

Patti

Oh Walt, I don't think we ever "get over it", so don't feel badly for not doing so! But you are making your way through this...life is never the same again, and none of us would choose this, but it's ours all the same. You are where you are supposed to be and doing very well, even if you don't feel like it. Jeannie would be proud of you.

Dear Walt,

It's been 2 months since I lost my love,Steve to cancer.I don't think the pain and emptiness will ever go away.I think we just have to find a way the live the rest of our lives with it. I can't believe two months has past already.It seems like life is flying by and I'm still trying to grasp on to the past,he's always in my thoughts, and everyday I get by living with my memories of Steve.One song that make me cry every time I hear it is "Everything I Own" by Bread...one of the verses is..."No one will ever know,the part of me that can't let go".I cried just typing that.I hope this post hasn't made you more depressed.That's not my intention.I hope you find some comfort in knowing that you're not alone in your pain and lonliness.We all care about you.Sometimes I'm hesitant about posting my feelings for fear of sounding crazy.But as Steve would say..."you gotta do what you gotta do"

Take Care,

Deb

...It's been 2 months since I lost my love,Steve to cancer.I don't think the pain and emptiness will ever go away....One song that make me cry every time I hear it is "Everything I Own" by Bread...one of the verses is..."No one will ever know,the part of me that can't let go"....

Deb - Thank You for your kind thoughts and those words from Bread's "Everything I Own". While such songs bring tears to our eyes they also remind us what wonderful partners we had. If we had not loved them so much we would not be feeling this pain and emptiness.

For others who may read this post and find some comfort from it here are the rest of the words:

Everything I Own

"I would give anything I own,Give up me life, my heart, my home.

I would give everything I own, Just to have you back again."