Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Why Fae Has Been Absent This Week

I received a message on my phone today saying she had surgery Sunday, they removed her small intestine and her appendix, and she has one tumor and two nodules, and has Nets Cancer (sp?), said to let Harry know.

She is in St. Peters Hosp. room 2136, I'm going to try to get a phone no. and call her, it didn't show up on my caller ID.

She sounded good, is in good spirits, I don't know how much longer she'll be there. If I learn anything more I'll pass it on...she doesn't have a computer with her.

She saw the Oncologist yesterday and his nurse is working with her on scheduling, etc.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Kay. I have been quite concerned about her. Do let us know if you get contact info. Thanks so much, Mary

This is St. Peter's in Helena MT and I believe it is probably the hospital she is in. How many St. Peter's Hospital can there be in that area. This is indeed sad news. Very sad. And I realize it is hard for everyone here around the fire. I am certain Kay will follow up as will others...perhaps with cards. Perhaps anyone who gets in touch or gets information can post information on this string started by Kay.

St. Peter's Hospital

2475 Broadway
Helena, MT 59601
Phone (406) 442-2480

http://www.stpetes.org/hospital

I just spoke to her and she says to tell everyone she misses them and she'll be home Monday, but is supposed to greatly curtail all activities, phone, etc. In two weeks she'll be back in for more tests. And it's in her lymph nodes too.

She told me to tell Mary to save some of that fur and maybe we can make another Bentley for her!

Mary, that is the number I called, room 2136. She's perhaps on Central time? I'm Pacific time and she's an hour ahead of me.

SENDING POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FAE'S WAY!!!

She will be learning more from Harry's site and talking to him more when she is able.

I just talked to fae. She will be discharged on Monday for two weeks and return for more tests. Of course, she misses Doug at a time like this. Let us keep her encircled in our love and prayers. She does not have a computer and her hospital room phone will be limited to only certain incoming calls.

Mary

Thank you, Marty, but just so sad to hear this.

Fae, thinking of you and hoping you will heal quickly from the surgery. All of us here are praying for you. Fight, girl, fight!

Luv,

Karen

I am so very sorry to hear this about our Fae. Thank you Kay and Mary, and the rest for keeping up informed. I am so sorry she is having to go through this. She will be continually in my thoughts and prayers. Do we have her home address, anyone. I want to send a card, but it is too late to send to the hospital.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

If anyone does have fae's home address, I suggest sending it via PM to anyone who asks for it...

Dear friends,

This is awful news. As you all know, this is what Jane died from. I've been absent here for a few weeks because I have been working on that, trying to straighten out some yard work, and get my mind to wrap around some other issues.

I'm working from limited information, so people should take this with a grain of salt, but it sounds like they have taken out the primary tumor, which it turns out is important to long term prognosis--and a good thing. Not knowing more about how widely it has spread, whether it is producing identifiable hormones or not, and several other factors, I can't say much beyond that.

I hope to get Fae on the phone later today.

Peace, Harry

I do believe she said it's in the lymph but I'll let her update you more when she's on here, it may be a couple more days though. She's feeling nauseated and tired, but she's coming home today and looks forward to it and I hope she does nothing but rest and self-care.

This post if for when fae is on line here again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/rossendale-fairies-john-hyatt_n_5093880.html

Fairy Photos "A British professor is getting a swarm of attention for a series of photos depicting tiny creatures that he suggests look like fairies."

n-FAIRIES-2-large570.jpg

My Dear Tribe,

Thank you so much.

I am home, and am allowed to be on my 'puter for a few minutes because they gave orders to my friend Karen to take all the mail and 'puters away from me for two weeks, but I can sneak and also I am good at wheedling Karen for an exception now and then.

It is diagnosed as NETs cancer. The primary tumor was removed as was a part of my small intestine which was totally blocked by the big tumor. Also the surgeon (he was also Doug's surgeon and our friend) took out two smaller nodules. One lymph node came back positive. They also removed my appendix.

They will do some chromagraph (?) and hormone stuff in two weeks after i am stronger and rested and healed more. It was a big surgery. I am not reading or researching yet, because i am still very weak, but let me just say this:

Your love and concern, your caring and messages, all mean a great deal to me. I can feel your love and hugs all around me, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I think all this love will help me to heal and win this challenge.

I will know more in a few weeks, and now karen is taking the puter from me, so more later after my nap, when I may be able to wheedle her in to letting me come back and read and post more. But now, I must go rest and close my eyes. OR ELSE! ^_^

Much, Much love to you all, and of course,

*<twinkles>*

fae

My dear fae, I know a whole lot of people who are very glad to see your post. You know you have been missed and you know we are all praying for you as you walk another difficult path. We hold you in the light and in our hearts and I for one am very glad Karen is there to take your 'puter away from you as much as we all miss your presence... You are here, present even when you do not post...

With love and peace

Mary

fairy_menu.gif

My dear Fae, I hope and pray that you can feel the love of all of us as we surround you in a healing light, lift you in prayer, and hold you gently in our hearts. You are so loved, most especially by everyone here. Please heed your caregivers, and stay away from any electronic devices, including your 'puter. Don't let our need to hear from you interfere with getting the rest you need. if we've learned anything well, it is how to love someone in their absence, and clearly, my dear, you are dearly loved by all of us.

Thank you. {{{{{{{{{Kay Anne Harry Everyone QMary Karen, Jan}}}}}}}}}

I talked to my

doc and i can be on the puter a bit of the time, but not more than 15 minutes, because it is just too easy to get lost in computers as we know and then not get enough rest. If I behave, I get to have books. Who would risk that blessing???

I love the little fairies. :)

I can feel that Doug is here with me every minute, and although I am still in shock and frightened, I find it remarkable that when I get through this cancer challenge, the PTSS, and my broken heart, I am going to be a most magnificently healed person. No matter whether I am here another year or another few decades, I am being blessed with remarkable healing. and although I want to hang around for a long, long time, I also know that there is nothing so compelling in my life that i cannot finish it next time if that turns out to be the larger Plan. But I think I can beat this NETs and I will begin reading more soon.. :)

I have also agreed to help heal at least one wing of the second floor at the hospital, and then the head of the other second floor wing came in and importuned me to help heal that wing as well. (Cultural anthropology, applied, you know, is a part of my life) :D

I have given them homework about compassion and also on how to manifest compassion to the patients. Like: offer hugs, foot and hand rubs, back rubs, camomile tea, reading to people, even if only a newspaper article. Tucking people in and kissing their forehead.

I know this sounds silly, but I think it will both open the nurses to channel compassion opening their own hearts (you should all see the corporate performance tree in the break room! :glare: ) and help the people whose mortality has been threatened—the patients—to feel ll of – this is a ways off until I feel better and stronger.

I think I was most blessed to have "True Refuge"with me while I was in the hospital.

I am having toast and tea, then I will go back to sleep, and later I will have some broth and maybe a couple of soft-scrambled eggs.

{{{{{{{{{Mary and Marty}}}}}}}}}, thank you both for your love and understanding. Okay, gotta go prior to getting grounded. That is the agreement.

*<twinkles>*

fae

I am loving the dragonflies and fairies, but ESPECIALLY the message from fae! I had to smile as I read how she is spreading her fairy dust over the hospital ward, so just like her! :) I know you are off the computer for tonight, fae, but when you read this, know that I love you, you're in my prayers!

Dearest Fae

You will be asleep now but I just wanted to say welcome back, and how like you to spread your fairy dust around the hospital. You remind me of a campaigner in the Uk. She is called Kate Granger, a doctor, who is suffering from an incurable cancer and only young. But she has started a campaign called #hellomynameis. The idea is that doctors don't just loom over patients and speak distantly but engage eye contact and say 'hello, my name is ...'

She has been very influential.

I'm sure that everyone at the hospital warmed to you. I would love to be able to give you a hug, but will have to make do with a virtual one. As you will see when you get chance to read various threads you have been and are in our thoughts and prayers. Jan