Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Big Brother Charles

I'm sorry to hear that. It's still pretty fresh, have you considered seeing a grief counselor? I know I would definitely have a hard time losing one of my siblings, we're very close.

Can you tell us what happened and share a bit about him?

Thanks Kayc.I haven't considered seeing a grief counselor yet.He was run over by a car and the guy just sped off leaving my brother helpless and unconscious.He was a Real estate manager by profession and was happy after landing his first job.

I am so sorry! I hope they catch the person who did this, he cannot have peace of mind after fleeing. I know it won't bring your brother back, but he needs to be held accountable.

A grief counselor can help guide you through the maze of grief when we often don't know where to begin. It takes a lot of effort to do the grief work necessary to proceed with our loss. Having your brother killed so senselessly must leave you with a lot of emotion.

Writing is a very good outlet, it's very healthy to be able to lend voice to yourself, to express yourself.

A month is very little time in the relative scheme of things...at one month out from losing my husband I was still very frantic and beside myself, hard to think clearly, unable to focus, etc. It took a long time and a lot of effort to work through my grief. It took me probably three years to even process it. I'm sure every loss is different and it's different losing a father than a husband, and it varies because some are close to their parents whereas some are not, etc. but you can expect it will take a while...the best thing you can do is be very understanding and patient with yourself. Take good care of yourself...no alcohol as it's a depressant, so is sugar. Make sure to eat healthy, drink lots of water, get exercise daily, and try to have a regular sleep routine. Stay in touch with your doctor and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's not a weakness, it's smart to recognize when we need it...and frankly, grieving, we need help.

It won't always feel as raw and intense as it does right now.

My dear friend, let me add my voice to Kay's in extending my heartfelt condolences to you for the loss of your brother. Given the tragic, senseless and brutal circumstances of his death, I can only imagine the depth of your pain. Since this accident happened barely a month ago, you're probably still in a state of shock and disbelief. I am so sorry.

You've asked for "an overview of this grief forum." I'm not sure what you are asking, but I invite you to visit this page, About Grief Healing Discussion Groups to get a better sense of what we are about here. See also what several of our members have to say about our individual forums here: Testimonials.

If this response does not answer your question, or if I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, please don't hesitate to say so!