Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Yes, Harry, I hear your well-articulated anger and frustration.

If this were another service, such as even gasoline delivery, we would not accept such shoddy practices nor neglectful service. We would change stations, and tell everyone how bad it was over there at that other place. You are entirely correct that it is symptomatic of larger issues that must be resolved. I, for one, would like to see a lot more emphasis on preventive medical leadership.

Our hospital here has a monopoly, unions, and some pretty well-established "good fellow" networks of doctors who are hospitalists and who work solely for the hospital. My surgeon was one of the few hold-outs. His three partners all joined the hospital staff. Of course, for tough and complicated surgeries, he is in incredible demand, as he is without a doubt the best surgeon in the state, and he has told everyone that he will not compromise his medical skills to be under the thumb of a hospital administrator (who is a corporate hack, by the way) with little knowledge of medicine and less of the human body. I was blessed that he was my surgeon. He is intense and grumpy, but brilliant. He was also Doug's surgeon.

He was also the only doctor who responded to my request for cancer tests: the others all brushed my request aside. Not one asked me why I thought I needed the test. Ha!

I think things are shifting, as the internet opens up a lot more transparency in many areas and on many levels. Your did exactly the right thing in setting up Walking With Jane. I commend you.

Let us have a day of peace and of reveling in the beauty of Spring. We can get angry another day. :)

namaste,

fae

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images