Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Videos Worth Watching

MartyT

Oh, Dear Anne, Thank you.

I had read the words before, but not seen the video. How much more beautifully powerful! Wonderful! I had just finished listening to our favorite song by Enigma, and the old song Doug "left" for me for when I felt alone, and then to come here and find this beautiful "Invitation" was just the best. Thank you so very much.

The whitetails are out in the close yard, munching on the pulp from the juice I made today. This has been a beautiful day. Sunny and warm. Snow to return Monday. :)

namaste,

fae

This is beautiful, thank you, Anne! I can honestly say I've learned how to be alone with myself, to stand in the fire, and to love and enjoy myself...I couldn't have said that years ago, it took me a long while to get here.

fae, it's interesting that you mention the song Doug left for you...George and I were very much into music and had so many "our songs"...I just heard one and it took me back to when he was here...

What a great idea, putting the pulp out for them to munch on, I should do that!

I am so enjoying kale, I've been making up recipes and just love it. I just made a smoothie from kale, celery, a banana, applesauce, and some lemon juice...very refreshing!

• 3 weeks later...

I woke up this morning with a song in my heart. It is March and spring is right around the corner The video is a little bit of hope for all who are enduring the winter blues and for the rest of us who are patiently waiting for a burst of color to put a smile on our faces.

Anne,

Thank you! What a beautiful way to welcome the day. The flower images are wonderful. I am working on a tulip needlepoint for a wedding gift, and so I loved seeing the tulips in bloom. Here, we are covering our bulbs as they have been getting confused by the warmer days, and no one wants the tender shoots to freeze, so we have covered them to keep them cold enough not to bloom.

It is joyful to contemplate Spring, even as the snow is still on the ground. Thank you for the beauty.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Beautiful music and beautiful flowers!

• 1 month later...

A Free Video Series April 13th by Kelly Buckley: Author, Speaker, Teacher of Gratitude and Resilience

fd0a183c-cdba-45c8-a2f3-a4af3ad89428.jpg From Me to You...With Love

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
~Anne Bradstreet~

Ahh, spring. It is my most cherished time of year. After a bitter cold winter (and it has been a rough one for many), the trees, flowers and birds know that it is time to awaken and celebrate the sunshine.

My favorite part of the season is watching my backyard come alive each morning as I gaze out from my office window. I see something new each day and it serves as inspiration in both my writing and life. Nature is a beautiful classroom and can teach us all that we need to know. Within the span of twelve short months, it presents lessons on life and death, hibernation and rebirth, resilience and so much more.

That why I decided to launch my
free video series in April....tomorrow to be exact! As the trees and flowers are awakening, the timing couldn't be better for us to look within and rediscover "The Roots of our Resilience."

I've designed the three-part series to be much like my books, Facebook group and personal coaching; to the point, practical, and something that we can all adopt in our daily lives. I've been living this for five years, and even though I have suffered loss in my life, I can tell you that I feel peace and joy in my heart because of my daily practice of gratitude.

I want that for you.

It's time for you to bloom, just like the tulips in my back yard.

The series is delivered in three parts:

• Living to Learn
  • Living to Love
  • Living By Design
  • Each video will be accompanied by some worksheets, quotes and recommended reading. Your resilience is personal, so I've designed the series to be an exercise in self-reflection. I want you to see where you are, and where you want to go.

Join me, starting tomorrow, and let's take the next step together. If you are ready, you need to sign up here. Otherwise, you will not receive the videos. I never want to overwhelm you or your inbox, so only those who are on the list will receive the FREE series.

I am so excited to get started tomorrow, and I can't wait to see you there! As always, I hope you open your eyes in the morning and see an abundance of one little thing, even if your life is tough right now.

Sending you a big ole virtual hug, and wishing we could all hang out in my backyard, grill something yummy, listen to the birds and watch the leaves blow in the breeze....

Love,

Kelly

Thank you Jan, that piece is perfect for me. I think we slowly find ways to integrate our history into our present, so that our perspective shifts to include all that has been, and we use this new base of knowing -- which of course shifts daily -- to shape our view of the present. And while we know we are "in the now" I think we also carry with us the energetic presence of our Beloved.

Thank you for posting that. I am going to read it again later.

namaste,

fae

I really like the post, Jan. It does speak to me, also.

It is a constant struggle for me to stay in the present.

It's all part of my "monkey mind" when I meditate.

I just finished the first video in Kelly Buckley's three part series "The Roots of Our Resilience" ~ Living to Learn. I am ready to find joy in my sorrow because I deserve to be happy. That is what Jim would want. Now I'm off to do the "homework" that Kelly sent in pdf format.

This is another change I'm making.

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself.
~Alan Alda~

Video #2

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
~Khalil Gibran~

Living to Love is Kelly’s second video in the series of three. Questions about extending love when we are broken involve self-reflection and exploration and it all requires work. Those of us on this grief journey for a while know about grief work.

Being grateful is one step that allows us to appreciate simple things. A sunrise, a family of quail crossing the patio looking for their early morning seeds, hummers dancing in and out of my Jacaranda tree, fragrant flowers popping out on the laurel tree reminding me that new leaves are about to show, and biscotti biscuits with a cup of caramel mocha coffee.

It is important to give to others. This is a way of opening our hearts. Today I spent time with a friend who needed a listening ear.

I am learning about empathy. Spending time on the forum as I read what other members are going through helps me to practice empathy by acknowledging where they are on their grief journey.

Growing love and resilience in my life helps me to live to love.

“The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.

~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross~

I understand that, Jan and agree. I think, though, when we're told to live in the present it's so we aren't so busy looking back or forward that we miss today, now. I guess the wording is semantics, but for us it can strike a raw chord.

Anne, my dear, I'm not sure if you and I are the only ones watching Kelly Buckley's free video series, but having watched the first two, I must say that I am very impressed. First of all, the clips are short ~ less than five minutes long ~ so they're easy to digest and don't require setting aside a big chunk of time ~ and the homework parts can be done at your convenience or whenever the spirit moves you. This second video offers the concept of "tethering" ~ I really like that idea, as I think that is part of what we're doing here on this site: anchoring or tethering ourselves to kindred spirits who "get" where we are in our grief. Kelly also speaks of "building up your empathy muscle," which is something else I see here, as we all move out of our own "grief space" to begin offering support to other members. I'm so grateful to Kelly Buckley for developing such a wonderful resource, and I hope our members will take advantage of it.

I like the idea that Kelly's videos are short and I do agree with you Marty about this forum being a place where we can anchor ourselves to others who "get" where we are in our grief. That is one reason why I'm still here. Receiving and giving are important to me as is so many others.

Living by Design ~ video # 3

Kelly’s talk today puzzled me at first but after I looked at the “homework” I started to understand. The one and only important thing that I face is that what I really want ~ Jim to still be with me ~ is NOT changeable. So the thing I have to work on is how I choose to live in that reality.

The quote below resonated with me. I realize that it is up to me to take care of myself and I can do that by choosing to accept my reality and focus on where I’m going. I can’t change the past, but I can choose how my future will be. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I can do my best today and let that be enough.

A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.

~Gertrude Jekyll~

I like to think that we all have a destiny and we can choose how we live it.

The simple explanation for me is we are born and we die. It is up to us how we live in between that time.

Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. ~Elizabeth Edwards~

For those who may be interested in Kelly Buckley's three video series are available on her website ~

https://resilienceretreat.com/optin

"The third video went out today...but you can still be part of the FREE series, "The Roots of Resilience." Sign up today or tomorrow and all three videos will be delivered to your inbox. After that, they will be taken down. Take the next step with me."

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Anne!

• 1 month later...

"When there is trauma there is an assault to the system...

An excellent show led by Dr. Gloria Horsley and her daughter Dr. Heidi Horsley interviewing Dr. Bessel Van der Kolk discussing his book titled The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma.