Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Videos Worth Watching

MartyT

The best part is that there are quite a few other such shorts to enjoy, all produced by the same group of people, all with themes about our common humanity, the things that we all go through regardless of whatever minor differences we have.  For example, I don't have kids but the couple who lost their child, or the man who lost his wife, when they need a moment on camera to compose themselves, or tear up in mid-sentence... oh yes, I get that.  We all do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Be Like Water

"There is no 'pretty' grief.  Grief is horrendous, primal.  It drags you through all the most horrible, negative, primitive emotions you can think of."

Another video from Green Renaissance, featuring beautiful cinematography and wise characters battered by Life and loss, but not beaten.  The dogs are a cute addition to the narrative.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Our own Elaine Mansfield!  Who knew!!

• 4 months later...

Helpfully includes timestamps so you can skip to a topic you want to know more about. 

One thing I like about Dr Huberman is that he doesn't "dumb it down" but does explain the meaning of medical terms briefly, then goes forward and expects you to keep up.  It's very dense and packed with information.  A Stanford classroom experience --for free!

Note: it does include at least one paid advertisement as I suppose he has to make some kind of living, so skip to timestamp 8:35 if you'd rather bypass the advertising.

• Like 2

Thank you for this, Kieron! It really is an excellent presentation. I'm especially grateful that Dr. Huberman repeatedly includes our relationships to animals and things as well as to people, and why it hurts so much when they are lost to us. ❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this. I agree exactly with everything she said. So many things she talked about  enlightened my mind, especially "we don't move on, we move forward with him". Also, the fact that grief is chronic, it doesn't just go away, and it's so true that you "don't get it until you get it", when it happens to you personally. 

• Like 1