Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Grandma

Well today I found out that the cancer cells in her blood increased from 22%-52% in less than a week...we were told she has anywhere from a few months to 6 months left with us..my emotions are just totally out of control right now. She's not just my grandma but also my best friend. She's the one I call with every piece of good news, She's the family member I go to for comfort, she's the one I want to make proud. I just don't know how to handle this

I am so sorry about this latest medical report. You said you do not know how to handle this but in reality you are handling it the way we all do: one day and one moment at a time. Talk to her, share with her, let her talk to you, talk about the medical report with her, just enjoy her while she is here. Cry your tears with her if that is appropriate and alone or with others. Journal your feelings.

You said your emotions are "totally out of control"? What does that mean? How does that look?

I'm sorry to learn of this news. I know it's hard, I really am sorry. Try not to think about what is to come and focus on each day you have left with her. I learned to do that with my mom when she had dementia...I lost her in August. You can get through this. It's okay to cry, when I lost my husband, I'd drive out into the woods and scream where noone could hear me...sometimes it just helped to let the emotion out.