Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Own Dear Fae

Thank you Harry. I will ask about this tomorrow when I see my surgeon, who might likely have it on hand, because even though the PET scan was clear, he said he will only trust his own eyes and fingers once he gets in there to determine what is going on. He is by far the best surgeon in the state (other towns have tried to bribe him away, but his children and grands live here) and is less reliant on the nuclear and other test forms than others. He is also the surgeon who found and cleaned out my NETS, and told me that if there was any left, it was only a few free-floating cells. But he is a skeptic, so he trusts his own senses more than he does other modalities of diagnosis.

I have all the classic symptoms of a gall bladder gone bad, so I am fairly confident, but I told the surgeon that I trusted him to make any decisions that need to be made once he has a look around. I do trust him to do the best for me.

Thank you for the good wishes.

fae

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fae, It sounds like they are being very thorough. You're most of the way there, we'll be praying for you as you have your surgery. You should feel a lot better after getting that gallbladder out!

We hold a spot for you here, missing you...you're the glue that holds it together! We miss your talk about the tribe and your spreading fairy dust around. Get well, dear lady!

Thanks, Jan. I am having a hard day and your kind words mean a lot to me. :wub:

:wub:

:wub:

HERE I AM!

Communications broke down because Iwas too groggy to tell Mary, and they had moved surgery up two hours, so she did not get here until I was back in my room, but not able to communicate anything.

There was NO CANCER to be found. My GALL BLADDER is history. I get to have gingerale and jello for dinner. I am very grogy still, on a pain pump. The world looks fuxxy.

I am fine, justneed to heal.

See fae doing happy dance.

more soon.

fae

Fae, the best news ever! Praying for you to have a speedy recuperation. Do you know how long you need to be in the hospital?

Kay, you are going to feel soooooo much better when the surgery is done. Your energy will begin to return almost immediately in small increments.

I don't think I have seen the when/where/who/what of your surgery yet. Do you know the doc? How long do you think they will have you stay? I am hoping your insurance is going to cover all of the costs, or that your church has a F/R event planned for you. Or both. :wub:

Harry, yes, the doc had the octreotide "on ice" he said. Do they keep it on ice? Anyway, it was not needed.

So, dear Kay, I am sending special good wishes from here along the grief trail. These things come up, and we get to open our hearts and share more love with one another. I still believe that lovingkindness is the most healing energy we have. :) I will be here a couple more days, I think, until I am hydrated and stronger.

Now, down to the serious stuff . . .

. . . serious stuff.

Doug was here with me. I could feel him holding my hand, making jokes, being goofy. I could feel his warm love in my heart. You know how you can look at a photo of your Beloved, and feel it in your heart? I could feel Doug's spirit in my heart, and I could feel him drumming. I asked about my pulse (science) and it was 56, so it was not my heart racing; it was Doug. He was singing a Beatle's tune, Yellow Submarine, and laughing, telling me that I was going to be fine.

This is a very lovely Universe/Mind of G*d where we get to play.

Time to take a nap now.

*<twinkles>*

namastee

fae

Dear Fae,

Glad to hear the joy back in your voice. Yes, they literally keep it on ice until they need it. Any surgery can set off a carcinoid attack in a NET patient and it is always a good idea to have it on hand for any patient with a carcinoid history, just in case.

Peace,

Harry

How truly wonderful Fae, that you felt Doug near you. When you are better tell us more about how you keep him close. I'm always trying to keep Pete close because ultimately it's all that matters to me. I know I have to stay in this world for a while (mostly for my family especially our little grands) but really I want to keep my Pete close. After three years I know that not much else matters to me. I a, so so happy that the operation was successful. Be well. Jan

I'm so glad you're done with the surgery and that you're feeling somewhat better already! That is heartening. I'm glad you felt Doug with you, I know how much that means when I feel George bolstering me.

I am going to my doctor this morning and the surgeon this afternoon. I'm on Medicaid so they'll cover it if it's done before the end of the year but they changed the income standards so I won't have it past 2014. I'm going to try to get them to schedule it this year if at all possible, I have no idea what something like that costs. I'm hoping it'll be a day surgery, as some people have told me they've had, but will find out more today. On top of everything else I'm going through, the horrible side effects of the medication I'm on (three antibiotics), I came down with Thrush. Everything tastes awful, my throat hurts, it hurts to swallow, I'm trying to lose weight, and I keep getting pain in my stomach area. Still having problems with the bronchitis although it's getting better. A couple of days ago I sprained two toes. I'm tired of hurting and want my energetic self back! I'm exhausted.

I haven't heard from anyone in my church except to find out when I'll be back doing the treasury and when I'll be back on the music ministry. No one has called to see how I'm doing or if I need anything.

Oh Kay, I am hearing you and am so sorry that so many things are going on in your life right now. I wish I had answers to why some of us are hit with so many challenges. I shall be watching for an update after you see both your doctor and the surgeon this afternoon.

I hope you can insist that they do the surgery this month if you need it. How much longer will you be on the antibiotic medication? That may be a determining factor in when they do surgery. I hope you received a medication that will help with your mouth. With all the other medications you are taking I’m not surprised you have yet another problem added to all the ones you have already. I have heard that eating yogurt (holding it in your mouth for a few seconds before swallowing) or taking small sips of coconut oil or drinking some buttermilk have been known to relieve symptoms ~ DR. Anne’s remedy. :P

I am sorry that some at your church have not inquired about how you are doing or offering to help. Usually, a church gathers around its members and offers to help when someone is in need.

One thing for sure ~ those of us here are holding you close and we do care for you. The flame around our fire never goes out.

Happy second day after your surgery, fae ~ are you up and walking a little? I have a few cartoons for you but will wait until it won't hurt when you laugh! I'll have to send them e-mail.