Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Own Dear Fae

Kay,

I hope they can do the surgery very soon, certainly before the end of the year. I have almost given up trying to understand all the chages in insurance these days. I am also on medicare, with a couple of supplementals, so I won't know about all the bills probably until March or so.

Harry,

Thank you. They are still watching me closely, but at least I have made it through this round of medical challenges. I know this may sound fatalistic, but I don't mean it that way. I am just leaving it all in G*d's hands right now. I don't have any energy to worry or try to figure out the next move. So it seems the only thing I can do it turn it all over. It feels right, too: I really don't know wht might happen tomorrow, and trying to figure it out just takes 'way more energy than I have yet.

Oh Anne, thank you for the message and yes, we ca wait a few days before you send the laughter ones: I am still working on the breathing right now. :)

Jan, I think that when I admit that I don't know much about G*d, or what is going on with Doug, and I just accept that I am loved and cherished, things get easier and Doug seems to be around more. I will think about this when my brain is working better..

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Fae,

There are things we can do and things we can't do. I try not to worry too much about the latter--you shouldn't either. I just thought you should know about the piece of NET lunacy under the circumstances. They will watch closely what you can't.

Dear Kay,

One more reason I wish we would simply adopt single-payer like the rest of the civilized world. Hoping for good news from you today after you see the doctor.

Peace,

Harry

Yes, I had to re-read Kay's note to see she is on Medicaid, not medicare. All this silliness about keeping departments of insurance separate, when I think in the end, we all pay into it and it should all be the same. When Doug was under VA care, we found out that many of the "better" forms of chemo are NOT offered to vets, but are offered under medicaid. I don't know how anyone could ever figure it all out.

I wonder what type of health care system Switzerland has, because they seem to have many things figured out fairly well. Not anything I am going to worry about this year or next, though.

I am working on leaving all the trauma behind, on focusing on happy things to do, on being creative, and on getting well and strong again. I hope to leave all things political, religious, and governmental outside my ken for at leasta couple of years until I am feeling a lot better.

The less I try to manage these days, the more energy I have for healing and feeling better.

*<twinkles>*

fae

That is just what you should do, dear fae. Focus on getting stronger as you heal. Any trauma takes time and surgery is a trauma to our bodies.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I for one am so very glad your surgery is behind you. :wub:

Taaaaa-Daaaaa!

Today, we get to begin the healing process that follows surgery: the tubes come out, and I will be on oral medications. The cath. should come out, and I will be "on my own" again for bathroom breaks. I get a bit more solid foods today, and be able to walk around a bit more, now that I will be unattached from my big IV rig and all its hanging bags of fluid and monitors. I hope that it all works out today, and that by tomorrow, I will be a lot more independent of all the machinery, as well as stronger and able to do more walking.

I am repeating myself, but even the anticipation of being disconnected from all the tubes is such a great feeling!

More later, when I have had visits from the morning docs and maybe even have a bit of decaf. :)

Much Love and *<twinkles>*

to everyone,

fae

fae,

I'm so glad you're progressing through this, hopefully soon you'll be able to be in your own home, recuperating. Every little thing is another step indicating healing...catheter out, eating, walking, yes and being disconnected from tubes! :wub:

I think I'll start my own thread as I'll be going through health issues for a while and don't want to take up everyone else's threads with it.

The eyes are always watching... :P We have to be good around here, one of you will will catch us and make us pony up!

Hello!

My catheter is out, as is my pain pump and my IV. I can walk around on my own, going as far as my strength will carry me.

Thank you for staying in touch and keeping track of me, dear ones.

Much Love,

fae

I am doing well off the pain pump and on a pain pill every 3 hours -- only one pill every 3 hours, so that is good. My IV is gone and so I can walk around more easily, but, alas, cath is back for the night and we will try again tomorrow. It's really okay, because I was deemed probably too weak to go home tomorrow anyway, but maybe Sunday. I am setting my sights on Sunday to be at home now. I may still get to go home tomorrow if things work properly after the cath is taken out early. But it is really okay, and I will sleep well and do even more walking the halls tomorrow.

Please keep up all the loving prayers. :)

*<twinkles>*

fae

We can do that, dear Fae, and we will (keep up all the loving prayers) ~ but you must do your part, which is to REST. I know that is hard if not impossible to do in the hospital, but rest you must. Have a good night's sleep, and know that we are wishing you pleasant dreams and holding you close tonight.

I'm glad you got to walk around without being tethered, such freedom! Hoping for Sunday then...

Dear Marty,

Yes, thank you: I am on bed rest for the day, not supposed to do much, read the paper, watch television(!) and stroll around a bit, but the cath stays put and I must eat nibbles of stuff all day.

My liver function is entirely normal, and all my blood chemistry looks good, but now, as you said, I must rest and get stronger. Eat well, but lightly. Graze, actually. I keep having little bouts of nausea, and so I am on bed rest and that is about it for the day.

So, I'll be hanging out here some. :) Nattering. :)

*<twinkles>*

fae

Oh dear fae, I hope the nausea settles down and you can enjoy your rest...is it due to the surgery or medications?

My dear Fae, I have been off of the site for several days. I am so happy to hear that you are recovering quite nicely from the surgery. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for quick healing for you.

QMary

I am home, resting, resting, and resting. It is wonderful to be in my own bed, in a quiet place, and able to sleep for more than a couple of hours without interruptions.

Right now, it looks as though I will not need to go to rehab! I am arranging daily visits and errand runs with friends, but hope to be off pain medications and doing more things on my own gradually. My big plans for tomorrow are hair washing and paying bills. :) And I will have someone here while I shower and wash my hair, so I will not be alone in case of a fall.

I have lots of food, fresh fruits, pure well water and juices, and also lots of hope and optimism that I will be stronger and healthier in a couple of weeks. Right now, my days will be lots of resting and very little of other things - maybe an hour of work a day.

It is difficult to fully describe how deliciously wonderful it feels to be in my own bed, under my own comforter, with my head on my own pillow. :) I know I am going to heal a lot faster for having my own "life" all around me.

And as we all know, and are coming to learn more fully, it is because we have this wonderful place to gather, this warming and healing fire to gather 'round, and the caring culture of this Tribe to help us through each day and each challenge we are facing. Thank you all for the loving, caring strength you pour into me -- that we pour into each other -- as we heal, find our way, and move through these days. I could not do it without you.

And yes, I have lots of help lined up, and will line up more. Mary B brought me home, K. will bring mail tomorrow, Patty will come sit with me while I shower. Jeff, who helped care for Doug, will come help me with the heavy housework, and Darcy and her Jeff are coming out to see what else needs to be done.

I see the surgeon Tuesday for staple removal (I think that is what is going on) and Jenny is coming out to bring some fresh salads as well.

I am really going to pay attention to the healing time and not much to the chores that need to be done.

Much Love with Much Gratitude,

fae

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It feels so very good to be in my own bed. I slept well last night, and will no doubt go back to sleep soon for a while, then get up and fix a nice little breakfast for myself. I a not going to ry to do much today: I am not yet a week out from this major surgery, an I can tell I am still very much in healing mode.

Your prayers and caring really help a lot.

Much Love,

fae