Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mary Is In Heaven

Butch, Oh you will have feelings, there'll come a time when you'll probably want to know how to turn the faucet off! This is just part of it, the feeling surreal...it seeming an eternity yet just like it happened, all at the same time. It's not disrespectful to your wife that you need this protection, trust me, it bespeaks more of your being fully integrated with her. Yes, don't question, just try to get through the moment, take care of yourself, and rest.

Dear Butch,

Kay was posting while I was writing. I agree with what she said.

I am not sure it is stoicism: it is more probably simply the numbness of shock that we have had the first many days after our Beloved leaves their Earthly body. I think as you begin to process tiny bits of the grief and loss, you will slowly find the numbness to be less, and then, for me at least,the fog set in and lasted quite a while, when I still did not believe, but did not know how to fix things.

I am glad your son and grandsons are there with you. I know you are sharing lots of hugs, crying together, and helping each other to make it through these first painful and in some ways surreal days. The numbness helps to protect us from experiencing the loss all at once, which would be overwhelmingly painful -- not that what we do feel is not overwhelmingly painful, anyway.

But your heart is broken, and just as it takes a while to process the shock of a broken arm and actually begin to experience the broken arm, I think when our heart breaks, we cannot feel it for a while, because it would be more than we can experience and process in only a short time.

Keep being patient and gentle with yourself, share with your son and grandsons, and keep following your heart, which is leading you where you need to be, even with crabby relatives.

Be sure you are all staying hydrated and eating well. Keep a fruit bowl on the table for the boys if you can, so much better than junk food or candy. I am just so glad you are not alone, but that you are all together with Mary's love binding you to each other's hearts.

Keep coming here and talking with us. I am holding you gently in love and prayer, and also your son and grandsons. I hope your days go as peacefully and gently as possible during this time.

namaste,

fae

Thank you Fae,

I'm haven't really cried, my Our son has a lot, even though he's a grown man and father of two little boys. I let him cry. He misses his Mommy so much.

I trust everyone here, that my own tears and feelings will come in time. Thank you for your support.