Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sister Polly In Hospital, Heart Problems?

A week ago she went in for a routine Colonoscopy and woke up to five doctors telling her not to move, they were sending her to the hospital. Tests didn't show anything.

This morning she woke up and had chest pains for over an hour so went back into the hospital.

This is the sister that went to Ireland a few years ago and went straight to the hospital with heart problems, they found a hole in her heart, which the doctors since took care of.

Very concerned...

Oh Kay, I am so sorry to hear about your sister, Polly. Know that I will keep her in my prayers. I know how concerned you must be.

Please keep us informed. Sending hugs.

Anne

Thank you, Anne. I'm awaiting updates...

Dear Kay,

I did not find this until just now, or I would have responded right away. I will pray. This has to be very scary for you and your family. I'm unfamiliar with your story of Polly going to Ireland, so I'll ask whether she is there still, or is she nearby you? Hopefully, you will have an update soon, and that it will be such that it will ease your mind somewhat.

Blessings and hugs,❤️

Carrie

They let her out of the hospital, hooked her to a monitor for 48 hours, then want to see her again. I was actually able to see her yesterday, my little sister drove her down (we live about 3 1/2 hours away from each other), we met in Eugene. It felt good just to see her, it's been scary. So far they haven't found anything wrong but she just went into the hospital a week ago for her heart, following what was supposed to be a routine Colonoscopy, so obviously, something is wrong. Not knowing is nerve wracking! I appreciate your prayers.

I can just imagine how nerve wracking it is to not know what is going on with Polly. I am so glad you saw her yesterday.

Please keep us updated. Do you still have snow? Is your truck repaired now?

Know that prayers continue for you, your family and Polly.

Truck fixed, no more snow, now I have to get the car worked on, always something, huh! :) Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the update, Kay. I'm happy you got to see Polly. Medical mysteries cause so much anxiety, and sometimes there are more questions than answers, even after tests (raised by tests).

Thank you, Anne, for asking about Kay's truck. I've been wondering whether it is repaired. I usually think about it when I'm down in the hollow, and I don't have my iPad with me.

Marty, that woman is scary to look at. I wouldn't want that fury unleashed on me (smile). Understood though. I've had the same look myself.

Oh, Carrie, good for you! We didn't and I still don't own one.

But Gilda Radner was a warm-hearted and exquisite human being. Her autobiography is "It's Always Something" and she left us in 1989, due to ovarian cancer. Her glib delivery and sarcasm as art delighted her fans.

That's all the biography I know. :)

fae

Dear KAY,

I have been thinking about you today, and just wanted to send lots of {{{hugs}}} and clouds filled with *<fairy dust>* to you, dear heart.

I am keeping you and Polly and your family in prayer. I am really glad you got to visit her, and I hope whatever was going on is now over and that Polly is returning to better health.

(Dear G*d—enough already! Give this family some peace and a rest from challenges. Thank you.)

It is a beautiful day here, sunny and windy, fairly cool. Some rain-filled clouds are beginning to drift over the Divide this evening, though.

Much Love,

fae

I'd posted about my truck when I got it done but I don't remember where. He did a great job.

I saw Polly today, she stayed over in Eugene as we had a baby shower to attend for my DIL in Junction City. My daughter went with me, it was nice to see her.

I agree, scary looking lady! I don't watch much t.v. either, on the most basic lineup and nothing is ever on, but I do watch the news every day.

My apologies, dear Kay ~ my feeble attempt at humor. As we've been saying "it's always something" in this thread, I just thought of Gilda Radner and her famous line (and the title of her book) As Fae said, she was a darling lady and a very funny one too.

The last Iheard she needed to take the monitor back to the hospital for them to read it and give her a report, I haven't heard anything new, but she thinks she's okay. I still don't know what caused the problems, but I'm thinking it was anxiety driven and started with the colonoscopy preparations.