Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Warrior

lightdancer

I move through the world as a warrior now. Stronger and more courageous than I have ever been, but I am also deeply wounded. Sometimes I stop and address my wounds, other times I have to keep moving or I know I will die.

A warrior is someone who has to be strong, courageous and brave in the face of deep challenge; A warrior does not know how it’s going to play out, but pushes forward in the face of uncertainty. The warrior hurts but continues to fight in order to get to a better place. The alternative to not being a warrior is to be consumed by the challenge.

According to Guy Finley in his article,The Ten Traits of the True Spiritual Warrior, a warrior
never postpones a battle that must be engaged. the true spiritual warrior is never afraid to look at what he doesn’t want to see. The true spiritual warrior knows that the path of spiritual liberation that he has chosen must lead him to one encounter after another with conditions that always seem greater than he is.

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/lettinggo/2010/07/the-ten-traits-of-the-true-spiritual-w

http://cindyweaver2015.blogspot.com/

A warrior is someone who has to be strong, courageous and brave in the face of deep challenge; A warrior does not know how it’s going to play out, but pushes forward in the face of uncertainty. The warrior hurts but continues to fight in order to get to a better place.

This sounds descriptive of my life, so I must be a warrior too.

One of my favorite words in the Bible is Stalwart | Definition of stalwart by Merriam-Webster

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stalwart: marked by outstanding strength and vigor of body, mind, or spirit.

It is what I aim to be.