Stories & Memories

Copperpot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a million. Love the little movie. He sure was a wigglel butt. !

AND - a wonderful hole digger

That is so cute, I watched it over and over again!! Thanks for sharing. :D

Its crazy because I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I guess it was really not that long ago. Maybe a year and a half. He went through quite a digging phase. His coat at the time was really fluffy & soft. Still a puppy coat really. His fur became much more curly a little later. Oh how I miss everything about him!

Sure you miss everything about Chester. He was an amazing part of your life.

And those moments of trauma sure do stay with us.

Some days I can barely stand it because I miss so much of my Gb kitty--------all those years, and kitty kisses and

purrs and snuggles and his silly fun antics.

Many cyber hugs

post-914-0-99516700-1437262460_thumb.jpgThat's wonderful! I have a picture of Arlie playing with my son's dog, Bruno. Bruno was his favorite playbuddy until Bruno started attacking him, we have to keep them separate now.

I love the photo of Arlie and Bruno, Kay. Such friendship and such fun. Happy days. I know you love Arlie with all your heart. Both dogs are truly beautiful.

I couldn't get your video on my iPad, Carrie. I'll try to get it on my computer whenever I can get a chance to start it. If I can't, will you send it to me by email, please?

Carrie

I had to install Media Player on my computer to get it to load. Love it!

Today is 1 month to do the day since we lost our boy. I wish I could claim more growth & peace about what happened. But to be honest, my pain about it is still as raw as it was in the beginning. There is a feature on facebook that pulls up things you shared on this day in the past & puts them in your feed like a memory. Strangely enough today it was of Chester as a puppy with the most darling look of innocence on his face that I had posted a couple years ago. Of course we know he was rarely innocent, but always, always, always insanely cute. It was so bittersweet to see. Just a sharp reminder that he already gone, so soon. . I find myself grieving now for all of the life he will never have.

Here is the photo that I had posted 2 yrs ago

post-17421-0-90443800-1437377309_thumb.j

Carrie,

Truly, Marty is right, and said it perfectly.

Such a short, but happy and fun life Chester had with you. God gave him to just the right person for him.

Your heart was ripped in two, and hearts take a long time to begin to mend. Be patient with yourself. We will walk with you, and will help hold you up. You and Chester bring laughter into our lives, and you both are blessings to us. You are uplifting us and holding us up by your sense of humor ~ and his. I hope you will continue to share photos and stories of your curly-haired boy.

Carrie

He is truly adorable, I love his color! FB did that to me too, the anniversary of the last Mother's Day I had with my mom. It hit me like a ton of bricks, but then I realized, that was one of her last happy moments and she looked radiant with the orchids I'd brought her.

Adorable photo with his face right up there like i could reach out and pet that lovely coat of fur or kiss that nosey..

I dont mind that facebook sends out thise old posts & I always love seeing my boys face. But it did throw me off guard. Just reminded me of how fast it all went.

Its funny Marj that you should mention kissing his nose. He was actually the only dog of ours that would permit it

It must be very hard for you to watch that. Beautiful, beautiful dog.

Sometimes I can watch it with a bit of happiness in my heart, but usually, it does bring some tears. He was so unique, as they all are & I still cant believe I wont see him do another of these sideways leaps again :((

I sure know about that.

Many hugs.

Chester adored the car. He loved to hang out the window. We installed a special harness to make sure he was safe. He used to stand on the center console between my husband & I, looking out the front window with such joy & wonder. Every time I get in the car, I miss him so much I could scream. We still have his little smudgy noseprints on our back windows. I havent been able to clean them yet ?

post-17421-0-12296900-1437747789_thumb.j

post-17421-0-14082000-1437747908_thumb.j