Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Calico Rose's Visit With Vet On 8 July 2015

LadyCarrie

I have been stress eating since I lost Chester as well. I am very into fitness & usually fairly decent with my diet but I have a sweet tooth and if it is in the house I have little restraint. My husband, why is really struggling with this loss too, just keeps bringing home the best things! Its a tough balance like anything in life.

Thanks for the support about the Chester memories :-) his personality seemed larger than life. It feels like such a shame that all of these incredible things about him should just fade away. So I feel a complusion to share..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, my friends,

Today I will be good about my diet. I have to be. I've scarfed down everything tasty already.

Carrie, you just share away. We all love Chester, your stories, and his photos.

I've managed to walk the Hollow with Beauregard a few times. The first time was really rough. It still isn't easy at all, but I know I will adjust by continuing to take these challenging walks. I worked some in the Hollow yesterday, with Beauregard at my side, while Amberly dead-headed the roses nearby.

Yesterday was a work day at our place since we had help for one more day. We were all tired at the day's end. As Amberly and I rested in chairs in the yard, I spotted Beauregard walking behind a very tired Jerry, who was hobbling along by use of his cane through the yard to get to the trailer. Both were walking so slowly. Their calculated steps were made with intention. Beauregard's nose was pointed toward the ground, and his tail was hanging straight down, yet he trailed behind Jerry. I told Amberly, "Look at that! They both are pitiful!" She agreed, and said, "Beauregard has followed him everywhere for fifteen years, and is still doing his best to stay with him." The tears came again for me, so Amberly's arm around my shoulders felt good. She wasn't much better off herself.

I've watched both Jerry and Beauregard go from youthful vigor to struggling to walk across the yard. A positive thing to be admired in each is that they are determined to live life to the fullest to the very best of their ability for as long as possible. By God's mercy, Jerry is still doing what the doctors still wonder at. How grateful I am! I acknowledge "How scared I am!" also. I'm wandering off topic somewhat as I follow the path of my thinking.

Hugs to all, and may God hold you tenderly and ease your hurts today ~ and tomorrow ~ as tomorrow becomes today.

Carrie