Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Precious Cheyenne

Hi everyone I lost my Cheyenne May 13, 2003 she was 2 years old she had big blue eyes and the longest eye lashes I've ever seen she was a never ending supply of energy and a blessing to us all she died as a result of a toxic level of Zyprexa She woke up the morning she died she appeared fine and then at about 10:00 a.m. she told her daddy she was sleepy and wanted him to lay down with her he did when he thought she had fallen asleep he went to sneak out of bed with her only to find out she had stopped breathing he phoned me at work and our lives have forever been changed I have 2 older children that don't live with us so that makes things kind of hard to I worry about them and can't always know that they are ok they live out of state so it's kind of difficult there they seem ok I'm worried about Christmas right now I'm in counseling and I like most parents who have lost a child have good days and bad and not to long ago i really lost it I wouldn't even get out of bed I thought I was doing so well and then all the sudden pow like a hammer it hit me this grief I couldn't climb out from under I went to the Dr and he perscribed an antidepressent and a mood stableizer and I am feeling much better now I want to tell all of you not to be ashamed to ask for help this is not an easy journey it is hard and you owe it to yourself not to climb into a shell there is hope and there is help out there God bless all of you and God bless our little angels

gdoty,

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your precious Cheyenne, there are no words big enough to take your pain away. I have not lost a child, and I can't begin to imagine the pain you and your husband are in. I am writing to let you know that you have been heard, and you're not out there all alone. Keep writing and telling your story about Cheyenne. She sounds as if she is adorable, a little blonde cutie pie.

I lost my husband Bob, quite suddenly and unexpectedly from a massive heart attack, so I can relate to the sudden loss. It is so hard to make your mind wrap around what has happened. There is no time to prepare for the loss (not that preparation really helps!), but you haven't even have the chance to mull the thought in your mind when all of a sudden it's reality.

Take good care of yourself, give yourself permission to have bad days, and embrace those precious good memories to give you relief when you can. You are being thought of with much love today,

Love and Blessings,

Lynda (bobsgal)