Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My inner question is.....if they are surrounded by such peace and love, do they miss us? Do they miss being here? Apparently they don't, which makes me sad. I'm always wondering what is my boyfriend doing, what is his mission now, who is with him. My human brain cannot understand. I know there are no complete answers, just clues. 

I am far from an expert in anything SCBA

but I think they can be surrounded by peace and love and still miss us. They may not miss being HERE but they can miss being with us. I have no reasoning behind that, except- you can't love someone and not miss them if they are gone- regardless of how good your current circumstances might be. 

some things, are just so much bigger than us, our brains really can't understand. 

There are times I swear I feel Michael with me. Michael was the love of my life- no doubt in my mind. But due to circumstances in our relationship we had not spoken in 4 years. he continued to love me, and i love him. I have no idea why he would want to watch over me- when the last time we spoke, we were fighting. I have no idea why even here on earth he continued to love me when that was our last interaction. Feelings, emotions and love is so much more complicated than what we can understand. 

Thank you Harleyquinn for your words. What I like about this forum is that we can also share our beliefs.

On another note, what I really hope is that the afterlife is a funny place too, and that they serve the best coffee of the universe. I cannot immagine my love in peace but annoyed in a cloud, he was very funny, and loved coffee. 

• Upvote 1

If they want me there, they have to have great coffee and humor!

• Upvote 1

Scba I am sure they miss the daily interaction with us, otherwise what has the love been for? I do think though that now, they can see the 'Big Picture' as in what life is all about and why they had their time on the earth and what is was for. I don't think they feel grief but I am sure they feel sympathy for us, those who are grieving. I don't mean to lessen things but if we knew for sure we would meet again and how wonderful heaven is would we grieve at all? Yes we will still physically miss that person but if we could see the beauty and happiness that lies beyond it would change everything for us. 

Also it is possible they don't miss us in the same way because they are with us...so many possibilities 

Debi,

I think what you said in your last sentence.  When Harleyquinn posted a link that told about the near death and out of body experience studies, it was amazing, I hope everyone took the time to read it.  Just knowing that George may be able to read my thoughts or hear what I say helps me feel still connected and like I can share with him in the way I used to.

What a fabulous article...and with the experience I had, I could relate to everything she was writing.  That feeling of euphoria right after; actually being in the presence of someone you love who is talking to you and letting you know they ARE okay...the fact that my whole experience happened at a time when I really needed it; just like the author.  And the fact that Mark made the whole thing happen.  Only Mark could be that persuasive and get me to the front of the line.  When I found out about my trip, that I had been chosen, I walked back to my desk and said to my friend sitting there, "Mark wants to talk to me REALLY bad."  I would expect nothing less from him.  And just reading this article brings back all those wonderful feelings of closeness I felt that evening when I received my messages.  It COULD be a drug you could get addicted to, like the author said...because you miss them and it is a way to still be "with" them.  I can't make any statements about why it happens to some and not others.  I believe that the love that Mark and I had, that the connection between us was SO strong and deep...that he was missing me as much as I was missing him.  And he wanted to let me know.  What I wouldn't give to have him back; but I know reality and he is gone.  But his spirit will be with me for the rest of my life, and I was BLESSED to have the experience that I did.  If it is possible, it made me feel deeper love for him.

i am so glad you enjoyed the article Maryann, I found it so fascinating I didn't want it to end! Your experience is just amazing and yes, I have no doubt Mark was very hard at work ensuring you both got a chance to speak again. What a tribute he paid to you and your love for each other. I can so see why it would become addictive but I don't see that as a problem if you just visit someone good, say a couple of times are year when you really need it, after all there are far worse addictions in this world that wanted to speak to loved ones.

You were blessed Maryann and you continue to be, so deep is his love for you. That love will never leave you and will renew itself all over again when you meet.

Harleyquinn if a medium is good, the wait is caused by reputation. I had to wait four months for my first meeting which lucky for me was shortened by being on a cancelation list. It's worth it and, if you make an appointment for another one at the appointment  in Feb, you can get in sooner. If you decide not to pursue it, you can always cancel later.

I have an appointment tomorrow myself because I was compelled by an incident that happened a few months ago. I can't say that anything might come of it because frankly sometimes Kathy just isn't there and we both know it. Even still, I get a lot out of going because Melinda (her name) is almost like a counselor to me and I get a lot of insight to tools I use to help me get further down this path of grief that I travel. Sometimes though when Kathy is there it becomes quite a powerful an experience. I remember once when  I had an appointment and when I was in the waiting room, she came out to get me and was quite upset. She told me she had to tell me something because Kathy was there right now.  She said that she didn't want to tell me but she had to. She told me that Kathy's dad was dying. I knew he was already because he called me from Canada months earlier to tell me he had been suffering with leukemia but had not wanted anyone to know but it looked like he was not going to survive it. I was also told that he needed to hear that Kathy and her mother were waiting on the other side.  I went up a week later and he was in the hospital,  I told him what I needed to say and he just held my hand and said "I know". That was the last time I saw him alive and went back up two weeks later for the funeral. I really miss him now because he was always so kind to me and after his passing I thought how he was the lucky one. My day is possibly a long time coming. 

KatPilot

From what i read she is good. so i know her reputation causes her to fill up fast (in person readings have a 2 year waiting list with her. mine will be a phone reading)

i want to go in with healthy skepticism but at the same time do not want to be blocked off from what might be possible

i'm looking forward to the experience  

This odyssey which I call my life becomes more interesting all the time. I had the appointment with the medium I have been seeing and it was one of those times when I felt truly connected.  It doesn't always happen.  One thing that I was told is that Kathy was saying the name Karen and Rich. This seemed interesting to me because I have a widowed friend named Karen who's husband is named Rich and had died four years ago. I was told that Kathy was with him and he wanted Karen to know that he was okay. I have learned over the last few years to believe in what I am told and I have no doubt about it. I'm usually in too emotional a state when I leave the appointment and even though I wasn't this time, I still felt compelled to go home and not back to work. When I walked in the door, the ceiling fan was running and as I have spoken before, it is just one of the many low voltage things Kathy activates from time to time. This one hadn't happened for months but there it was turning letting me know that , yes.  she was there. I was also told that Kathy was mentioning the name Allison. I have a granddaughter with the name so I thought she was speaking of her. The next day, Saturday, I found out it was someone else.

This is where the story gets good.  On a whim, I decided to join my son and grandson for a trip from Phoenix to Tucson to visit a favorite air museum of ours. As we were driving back, about half way, we came upon a very small pink trailer pulled by a pink car. My son and I immediately knew what we were looking at. It was the rig driven by one of the blog writers for "Widow's Voice". This woman bought this set up after her Air Force husband died and she travels around the entire country often staying on military bases. She became like a mentor to me because she had courage to keep going on and has inspired me to do the same. I just posted one of her blogs on my facebook last week and there she was. Her name is Alison. What were the odds I would pass her out of all the cars in the country?

So you see, this is an odyssey. This wonderful life I am living even when I still feel so sad at times.  When my medium told me Kathy is saying something about diabetic, I don't discount it. After all that baking I've been doing over the last four years.................my sugar intake has quadrupled.   I'll let you know what I find out.

pink trailer.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

Stephen you have put a smile on the face of a woman who has been close to weeping for the last 8 hours. Can't thank you enough. What a woman Kathy is! That's one hell of a story and the pictures are brilliant. Can't thank you enough for this and more power to Alison. As for Diabetic I just hope that Kathy is warning you as in 'Too many pastries and you will become...' 

Wow, that is really amazing~!

I had an especially rough weekend, and this really did lift my spirit. how lucky you are that Kathy is able to show you over and over again that she is with you and watching over you! that truly is a blessing.... 

Edited by Harleyquinn

Thank you for sharing that with us!  I love the picture!

My A1C dropped from 7.4 to 6.3 in spite of going off one medicine and cutting another in half.  I was hoping for lower yet but I guess when you're Diabetic, you're Diabetic.  I haven't had sugar the last 11 months, nor white flour, fried foods, and try to avoid carbs like the plague.

Have you met with the medium yet? I am meeting with one this Thursday night. I have a couple friends who have set this up for me, I'm a little skeptical but I've had a few things happen to me recently that make me wonder if my Mat is still around me. One being two distinct taps on my arm while I was sleeping which woke me immediately. I thought it was my son but there was no one there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lisa the experience you had with the 2 distinct taps leaves me in no doubt it was Mat letting you know he is around you. It will be very interesting to hear about your trip to the medium. I was told that in the early days of our grief, our vibrations (through our weeping and sadness etc) are lowered which makes it more difficult for our loved ones to come through but then I have also been told that this is not true so who knows. Please let us know how you get on.

For what it's worth debi, I was told last Friday by the medium I saw that when we are in our worst anguish, they have the hardest time getting through. She told me this after she greeted me and noticed an inner peace in me that was not there the last appointment I had well over a year ago.  I have spoken of here in a thread  "When we realize who we have become"  that I had grown to understand that I have accepted being just Steve instead of Steve and Kathy that I could live with the sorrow and continue living on. It was but two days after I wrote that that I had that first physical contact with Kathy. I believe it was what allowed her to do it.

I want to share my thoughts on something else. Kathy was not a religious person yet she was the most loving caring soul I have ever known.  We both however believe in an after life and quite strongly I might ad. We had time to talk in depth before she left and she promised me that if she possibly could, she would reach me. From the morning she died, she did just that. She is a very strong soul, a very strong spirit and the girl knows how to get things done. It wasn't until I accepted my life finding an inner peace with my grief that she was able to make a physical touch happen. I don't know if I will ever feel it again. I take nothing for granted and I won't beg her to stay. I also believe it is not easy for them to manifest in a physical way. I got the message. That's the most important part and weather or not we connect again, she knows by now I love her still and we'll meet up again one day. For now I will enjoy what time I have left and not waste it for life is short and the after life is like our love.....endless.

Beautifully put Steve. It's interesting that you reinforced what I was told regarding it being hard for them to reach us when we are in the deepest grief. It makes sense when you think about it on 2 levels. first, griefs builds a wall of pain that even the living here on earth can't always permeate and secondly our loved ones know we have to go through the deepest grief if are to have any hope emerging from the other side. You are living proof that when some of the darkness lifted it enabled Kathy to physically reach out to comfort you.

Yours and Kathy's views are the same as me and my husband's in that we are not particularly religious but believe in the afterlife So many things happened after mom passed last year, we could hardly ignore the afterlife even if we wanted to which we didn't! Strangely, looking back, we never spoke about him contacting me or me contacting him if and when the inevitable happened but we would have done if he hadn't passed so suddenly I am sure of that. .It is a gift from Kathy that she was able to manifest a physical sign. I have felt my head being stroked and I have noticed a certain synchronicity of events particularly regarding finances which is just too complex to explain away as mere coincidence. Like Kathy, my husband is a force to be reckoned with and a fierce protector of me and my son. We were one soul in 2 bodies really.

Regardless of how often these wonderful blessings happen - and we shall surely never know how hard it is for them to reach us from beyond - your last sentence says it all.

. For now I will enjoy what time I have left and not waste it for life is short and the after life is like our love.....endless.