Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank you for sharing that, Debi,  I have found this to be so true...when we are at the bottom, much is learned and gleaned that we would miss if we were at the top all the time.

Thanks KayC. I want to dedicate it to you and  all the wonderful people on here,whose compassion, understanding and love have helped me and is helping me so much. We have all lost so much, our soulmates, pasts, present and futures and yet are able to give so much to others through loss. I think this is what the higher power always meant humanity to be like.

My appointment with the medium was unfortunately rescheduled... though I already had a feeling this morning it would not occur today. I've heard so many people say that I'm not ready for this... what does that mean?? It's so strange because when Mat's dad passed away 2 yrs ago he visited me in a dream. It was so real, he was standing in a doorway in Mat's mom's house and I was trying to get him to come and show himself but he kept telling me that they weren't ready. I remember that like it was yesterday. My friend who set this appointment for me told me that he felt I wasn't ready... I really wish someone would explain why or how... I don't understand this. The medium actually called me to tell me that she will provide the reading, but just not yet. But she did say that she sees light all around me and that she sees good things to come. She was very sweet and apologized but she felt I wasn't ready.... erghhh, can anyone explain what this means???

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear it was rescheduled. I can't imagine how disappointing that must be.

The only thing I can think of is I've read that when you are deep in grief and pain it can make it hard for the spirit to come through. Did they give you any idea when it would be rescheduled for?

When I had my experience with Theresa, I made a point of mentioning to her that I had not yet dreamed about my husband.  At that point, it had been 6 months since he died.  She said to me that Mark wanted his "contact" to be more physical, he wanted to use his energy to "touch" me.  She explained that took MORE energy than a dream visit.  I have a friend who is a medium, and she met with me on our anniversary, February 14.  Before I had arrived, she did some auto writing, and the things she wrote were pretty amazing.  Lisa, I am sure your loved one is eager to speak with you.  I KNOW my husband was...in fact, I know HE was behind the whole experience I had.  One of the things my friend wrote was that Mark and I were soul mates; very connected.  He was able to make it through the darkness because the day he died, I felt him wrapped around me like a quilt.  Not heavy or muffling, but like a strong HUG.  I feel him ALL the time, and Theresa validated that for me.  Since it had been such a short time since he passed, there was more of just validating things for me.  His messages to me were simple: do in the house what made me happy, and to PLEASE take care of my health.  That message came from both Theresa and my friend.  I KNOW it had always been a big concern for Mark.  Sometimes meeting with a medium is simply to give us the validation we need regarding the things we already feel, just want to KNOW for sure. 

She said we would try again this saturday. It's all being done over Skype as she is in Utah and I am in Florida. I am hoping so much it will happen. I know she's legit, for her to personally call me to apologize says a lot. 

Hi Lisa =)  just checking in with you. How did everything go Saturday? 

Edited by Harleyquinn

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 1:25 PM, Harleyquinn said:

I confirmed my appointment with the medium for Feb 24th, 2016

so far away...hopefully worth the wait =)

I  will look forward to hearing how this went for you, Harleyquinn....I hope you will post here about the experience? 

• 4 years later...

On 9/15/2015 at 5:49 AM, KATPILOT said:

I have met with a medium several times here I the Phoenix area over the last four years.  I can tell you that I was a doubter before I met a couple who had lost their son.  They had met with a medium and what I  heard from them left me curious. Since so many events kept happening in my home after I lost my wife, I was compelled to seek her out. I can only say that I have no doubts now. I heard things coming from the medium that no one but my wife and I knew.  It was the kind of event that had the hair sticking up on the back of my neck.  If one is looking for a transmitter to speak with the departed, they might be disappointed. You take it for what it's worth.

May I please ask the name of the medium in Phoenix? I lost my son Jordan three weeks ago unexpectedly. His death is under investigation currently. He had Type 1 Diabetes, but I have since learned he'd been doing meth for quite some time. I'm awaiting the toxicology report still to know the exact cause. I'm struggling with his death for so many reasons. I hadn't seen him in four months. He'd become isolated and I don't think he wanted me to see him high. I'd definitely consider a medium, but wasn't sure where to begin. I live in Phoenix. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Jenn333

On 9/15/2015 at 5:49 AM, KATPILOT said:

I have met with a medium several times here I the Phoenix area over the last four years.  I can tell you that I was a doubter before I met a couple who had lost their son.  They had met with a medium and what I  heard from them left me curious. Since so many events kept happening in my home after I lost my wife, I was compelled to seek her out. I can only say that I have no doubts now. I heard things coming from the medium that no one but my wife and I knew.  It was the kind of event that had the hair sticking up on the back of my neck.  If one is looking for a transmitter to speak with the departed, they might be disappointed. You take it for what it's worth.

@Jenn333You might want to message him as I'm not sure how often he checks here.  (KATPILOT)  

I'm very sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Is there a way to see if he still checks in?  I can’t find an avatar picture which would show his last check in.  It doesn’t work in sending private mail from the picture,it just fills in his box name.  It would be nice to know how he and Kathy are doing since they settled in Arizona.

Jenn once again I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. I sent you a message with the contact info but here it is again.

The name of the medium I have seen several times and Patty has as well.  Her name is Melinda Vail and her phone number is (480) 755-0222. Her address is 7560 Willow Dr. in Tempe.

It can take a couple of months to get an appointment but you can be on a waiting list as I did which gets you in earlier when there is a cancelation.

Good luck and for what it's worth, she is for real.

• Like 1

Gwen Patty is doing well having moved her here from Maui. You have to really love someone to leave Hawaii for Arizona. The restaurant Maui Pasta is alive and in Scottsdale for two years now and we are getting busier all of the time.  Kathy of course is my bride who passed in 2011 and Patty's husband Ron is as Kathy, still in our hearts and will be for all of time.

Good to see you all again and I promise to stop in m ore often.

By the way, Patty and I have been exploring the science of the spirit world  (and I am serious when I call it science for we mortals are learning more all the time about life after death and communication with the other side. We attended a seminar at the Omega Institute las year in upstate New York about communication with our loves who are still with us. Oh yes indeed...signs you learn to recognize. I would strongly recommend reading books by Michael Newton such as "Life Between Lives" and read about how he came to study this topic as a counselor over many years. Although he has passed to that other life his institute goes on and Psychologists who have trained there can be found all around the world by going to their website.

Good to see your words Kay. I miss all of you.

• Like 3

Sorry for the name mix up, Kat.  I know your new relationship involves 4 hearts.  It’s great to hear things are going well and the restaurant is flourishing.  I would think something unique does well in other locations.  Like Mexican in the islands and seafood in Arizona.  

One thing about love, the true thing is blind about deserts or waves at the beach.  💖

• Like 1

Steve checked in recently.  You click on his picture and it takes you to his profile.  You can then message him.

Thanks for responding, Steve!

Hi Steve and Patty,

Glad to hear everything is going well and restaurant is booming. Have not visited yet. Don't eat out very often.

Have never wanted to visit a medium, but the idea of reincarnation intrigues me.

• Like 2

It's against my personal beliefs (Bible) otherwise I might have been tempted, but I sure understand people wanting that assurance!  I lean on my faith to believe we WILL be together again and that they are happy and well.  Missing so many now...

The afterlife, if it exists, is something I’d like to believe is true, but my mind wavers between nothing or energy being 'reabsorbed'.  I don’t feel I will ever see Steve again and that’s very hard to accept.  I don’t and never have felt him or thought of things as signs.  It’s the same with my parents and others I have lost very close to me.  It is that deep loss that perpetuates the depression and understanding that at this stage of life, that is going to be a constant.  More inevitable loss.  More limitations or options to try and fill voids.  I find it so very hard to push forward each day being alone.  We are social creatures and losing that is the biggest challenge I’ve ever faced.  Steve wouldn’t be able to fix my body, but he was the one that made me feel special in the world.

• Like 2

And you are special.  It's too bad we don't have that validation anymore...we lost that the day they died.  

• Like 2