Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Cousin Daniel Fraley 1/9/1997-10/20/2015

rfraley

I'm back here for another time, My name is Robert Fraley I use to come here a lot to post about my friend Jason Arvin who died in a car accident back in 2004, and I posted here when my grandma passed in 2010, and now I have to post this sad tragic event which has happened in my family.

I'm lost for words.....My Cousin Daniel Fraley who was a very good hearted person and had several depression problems died by suicide He was only 18 years old

He messaged me on facebook Tuesday night telling me that he had made his mind up and that he couldn't do it anymore , he had delt with depression for years and he posted it at 11:41 I just seen it at 11:45 and sent several messages but he never replyed.....he also posted a suicide note on his facebook page several people tried to get a hold of him,

He hung himself in his room, He was just over my house last week and we had a long talk and he said he was doing better with his depression and He had went to Church this past sunday night and got prayed for and was telling everybody how much different and better he felt

Were all lost by this, I don't think he ever knew how loved he was by his family and his friends.....He was told but with that illness it makes it hard sometimes to fully understand that....I wished so much that he would have rethought this threw,   :(

Edited by rfraley

Oh Robert. Dear Robert. I am so very sorry to learn this horrible news about your cousin Daniel. You must be heartbroken. Please know that we are thinking of you and holding you close. Death by suicide is so very hard for those left behind to understand . . .

When you're ready to explore them, Robert, I can point you to a number of resources aimed at helping you cope with this horrific loss. See, for example, Grief Support for Survivors of Suicide ~ including the Related Articles listed at the base of the post. This is one of the most difficult losses to endure, and the more you know about suicide, the better prepared you will be to understand your own reactions. Again, my dear Robert, I am so very sorry this has happened to you, and my heart goes out to you and your family at this very sad time. 

Robert,

I am so sorry about your cousin.  So many die from suicide and it's one of the hardest things us "survivors" can deal with.  I had a coworker who was also a friend die from suicide.  I hope you'll look up Marty's link, it helps to get all the support you can.  My best to you as you try to make your way through this.