Grief Healing Discussion Groups

grief, worry, depression

Persie

Hello,  It has been a few months since I've been on here.  I feel like I'm at my breaking point some days. My mother had a stroke in May, 2014. My husband and I moved in with her and have our own house up for sale. Since then, our dog of 15 yrs died (last April). I still grieve over her death. Also, my mother now has dementia quite severely. My husband just had his prostate removed because it was full of cancer. The doctors still don't know if it has spread. Three months ago I fell and broke my hip, had surgery but it's still painful and I need to use a cane. My mother needs a lot of care, she cannot walk. Our house is still on the market, full of furniture and things to pack. We are not fully moved into my mother's house yet, but we are here 24/7 to care for her. I guess everything is getting to me now. My husband's future is unsure, depending on whether the cancer has spread. He goes for a test in February to check on that, and then every three months. If it has spread, he will need radiation. I may need to have a hip replacement, I'm going for a second opinion this week. I really miss our dog Rosie since she passed. So in a nutshell, my plate is full. Taking care of my mother, myself, and my husband. He is a blessing because he does a lot here also. I'm not sure when we will be able to empty out our house or when it will get sold. I seem to wake up in the mornings feeling a little depressed because of the pain I'm in and so much has to be done. I'm trying to keep my faith and that is what holds me together. I just wanted to vent a little, hoping someone would understand. Thank you.

Persie

OMG, Persie!  I'm so sorry you're going through so much, you must surely feel overwhelmed.  Just when we need the help the most, it seems it's the hardest to get away and GET it!  I found that to be true when I was taking care of my bedridden cancer-laden MIL (for nearly three years), who was my best friend...at the time I had a husband and two little children (age 1-5 when I was going through it).  I couldn't get anyone to relieve me of my duties, how could I make the 120 mile round trip to a support group!

I hope your hip heals well, sometimes replacement is the best option, and I pray to God your husband's cancer hasn't spread.  I also hope you're ;getting help with your mom as it's too much for you to handle by yourself with your own physical infirmities...you need a relief person regardless.

And your dog...I'm sure you miss her tremendously.  :wub: