Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Emotional flashback?..

I'd made a post about my issues with my dad earlier, but I can't seem to get out of a trap I seem to be in.

First of all I've been throwing my emotions down to the bottom of the heap ever since I had them with my dad. Well it was literally one in the morning and I had a flashback of some sort.

I was so mad. It felt like my dad wasn't there when I needed him, and I couldn't let myself need him because it'd bring so much emotion. 

Then , I felt really sad because my one friend who left me was the one I really needed right now.

It literally felt like I had gone back to the past and felt all my emotions over again. I felt like I was emotionally dying.

What is wrong with me?

Personally, I think what you're going through is more than a forum of lay people can help you with to any extent, I think you need to seek professional treatment from someone trained to address the issues you're facing.  You're welcome to come here and cry out and vent, but I do hope you'll get some help besides.  (((hugs)))

5 hours ago, kayc said:

Personally, I think what you're going through is more than a forum of lay people can help you with to any extent, I think you need to seek professional treatment from someone trained to address the issues you're facing.  You're welcome to come here and cry out and vent, but I do hope you'll get some help besides.  (((hugs)))

I do see a therapist; in fact, I'm seeing her Thursday. I'll bring this up to her, maybe I can eventually work this out with myself and my dad.

I'm glad to hear that.  Communication is so key, especially when you're not happy with how things are going.  How else can you ever have resolution?  I hope you'll keep us posted...

Good for you!