Grief Healing Discussion Groups

On top of everything, this is unfair. We lost our will, motivation, passion, hobbies and etc. We lost them, we lost our old selves and I have the feeling we were left alone to figure out the rest. Where is the office to complain? If I go outside and yell "please restore myself and my friends" is going to work? I guess that there will be no choice that to open the old box and take out our passions to rebel against death. otherwise this horrible thing is going to win. Again.....this is unfair!!!

• Upvote 2

Nothing about loss is fair.  And all of the secondary losses (friends, motivation, life) aren't fair either.  But they're ours to deal with.

• Upvote 1

Scba, you took the words right out of my mouth. I lost my sister and basically myself and my life with her. About 10 minutes before I read your post I was thinking about how I missed looking for movies in Target and Walmart, some of our favorite things to do, and I reminded myself that without her to get me up on Saturday and do random shopping trips, I do nothing. 

I haven't gotten the motivation to do it alone. The fun was finding stuff and showing each other. And seeing other people together reminds me of how alone I am, so I just stay home. And staying home reminds me of all the things I lost and don't do anymore, which makes my life very sad, boring and lonely. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Janka
On ‎16‎.‎2‎.‎2016 at 1:22 PM, kayc said:

Janka, I'm glad you've met a friend.  I hope it proves true over the test of time. 

"I also need to get to know some new friends and believe that those people going through the same loss can finally find us on this hard journey to make friends this way.Lately I met a kind lady going into the same church and somehow we felt that we have so much in common.The pure hearts can find each other.We are not in contact by phone or mail,we just meet in the church,on the street,in the downtown,always feeling good in each other´s company.As time passes by,I meet her more often and I finally feel she could be the real friend that was so hard to find.The people like we are can find us and it feels good to know."

Dear Kay!

I longer look for the post above I´ve written a month ago,because the story of the real friend still continues. :rolleyes:

Today I went to the Church and prayed an hour before the Mass started.I also prayed for some new friends and good people coming to my life.I was praying for them many days before,too.After the Mass was done,I turned back to the door and who do you think was there?My new friend,the kind lady I was talking about not long ago.The door was already closed and the two of us still staying out there,nonstop talking and laughing.I still feel like I know her all my life,such a good feeling it is,every time spending in each other´s company.Then she gave me her number and wanted me to call her then.There are not many people making smile,laugh and happy this way,so I´m thankful for someone lighting up my grieving life,again. :)

You´re also my friend,Kay.I´ll never forget it was you who wrote me at the beginning. ;)

Love you!

Janka

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt emotikony srdce

Thank you!  First flower I've gotten in ages! :)

• Upvote 1