Grief Healing Discussion Groups

"Don't Tell Me"

I am at a loss using this tablet and not my computer, so I cannot put this as it was written.  Maybe it has been on here before.  Like in the note Marty was referring to from 09/27/2011, I read the post below it.  I have had my anger, and I put the pamphlet given me that this below came from, I thought I had thrown it away.  I did not want platitudes, quotes, verses from the Bible, a book I still cannot read or concentrate on.  

Don't tell me that you understand, don't tell me that you know, don't tell me that I will survive, how I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test, that I am truly blessed, that I am chosen for this task, apart from all the rest.

Don't come at me with answers.  That can only come from me.  Don't tell me that my grief will pass, that I will soon be free.  

Don't stand in pious judgment of the bounds I must untie, don't tell me how to suffer, and don't tell me how to cry.

My life is filled with selfishness, my pain is all I see; but I need you, I need your love.............unconditionally.

Accept me in my ups and downs, I need someone to share.   Just hold my hand and let me cry, and say "My friend, I care." (Joanette Hendel) Bereavement Magazine

So, in glimpsing my former faith, in finding it again, to some extent, I still have my anger, but I found some peace also.  My pain is still with me, and I am sure it always will be.  I lost my partner, my other half, my very best friend, my love of 54 years.  The only thing I have different from anyone else on here, my natural life will possibly be shorter, my path not as long. 

• Upvote 6

Marg: I want you to know that I think if you want to be ANGRY and curse and shout to the rafters, please do that. It's a perfectly acceptable response. You know why? Because it is what YOU are feeling. There is no one person, place or thing that can and will invalidate what you are feeling. The purpose of this board is for people like us to share, not be coached on how to feel or react to anything and most especially-- at least for me-- not to learn how to cope.

We all just have to do and be. Please do that. 

• Upvote 3