Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Must Read: "Kissing Frogs"

A must-read article by Judy Warren:

Kissing Frogs: A Case for Conscious Grieving

Once post-breakup, I made a conscious effort to grieve. I allotted time to it, actively journaled and worked on deconstructing and exorcising the relationship. Why? The relationship had been a powerful one for me: I had gone into it with a full and open heart, which was the first time I’d done so since I was a young girl. Emotions-wise, I had dived right in, no net.

We tried more than once and I was clear at the end that our very intense connection did not equal a sustainable relationship. Still, it was very, very painful to part with him and I was on my face. I was sad, mad at him, lost... you name it. Read on here >>>

• Upvote 3

RR,

You say you're doing all of that and it doesn't seem to be helping.  I suggest to you that just perhaps it's because you ARE going through the grieving process and there's no way around it, but straight through it, pain and all.  We can't circumvent the pain or tears, but we do get through it...eventually.  Hold onto that hope.  Joy is coming, we just don't know how long it'll take getting there, but be sure and keep your eye out for it so you see it when it arrives!  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 2