Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Living On A Island - Lonely And Ignored

jennifer

Hello all,

Shannon, I thank you for your encouragement. I live in Victorville, California. I feel isolated with my grief feelings. Although, I have a wonderful husband, it still feels that part of me is detached from real life.

I lost my aunt in South Africa, a few weeks ago. More, than the loss of her, I am feeling the fear of losing my mom who is the same age as her. I know that I am upsetting my spouse, by continually saying that I need to be with mom. I can't help it, that is how I feel.

I really don't have any friends, and although I tried to contact a friend - she has not returned calls, and if she does, it is not of the supportive nature that one requires. I try really hard at understanding peoples situations, but now, I am the one who needs the support and direction.

Would love to hear from those of you who feel the same, being on an island, which doesn't matter to anyone, no matter how much love a spouse can give - he can't really go inside your feelings ....

Love, Jen sad.gif

Guest Shannon

Hi Jennifer,

I'm glad you found your way here. Writing it out really does help to at least vent your feelings. Just know that you are not alone and that these feelings are a normal phase in the grieving process. And please remember that your mom IS with you. Just think of her and remember and she will be there.

Keep in touch.

Shannon

Hi Jen

Now that I have read you message here, I feel I understand your situation quite well.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Aunt passing away. And I'm sure you must be really scared about your mother, since they are the same age. I think Shannon is right though, in that you should celebrate with your mother that she is alive and well. Appreciating this time together is really important. But holding on too hard can also be quite destructive.

I know now that feeling alone is so common. I feel like this myself. Like no one is going to listen to you. But I think this discussion group is really the answer, well certainly for me. Everyone here listens, and although we might be on other sides of the world we can take comfort in minds thinking alike.

Take care.... we're thinking of you

Fiona

• 1 year later...

HI ALL,

I AM PRESENTLY ALL ALONE AND YES IT DOES SEEM LIKE I AM ON AN ISLAND. I LOST MY MOM APRIL 2005 AND I LOST MY DAD AUGUST 2005 AND I AM LIVING AS IF I AM ON AN ISLAND ALL ALONE WITH NO ONE AROUND ME. I AM DOING OKAY AS LONG AS I AM NOT IN THE HOUSE BUT ONCE I RETURN TO THE HOUSE I BEGIN TO FEEL LIKE I AM PART OF THE ISLAND. I AM LEAVING THE HOUSE PREMENTLY ON NOVEMBER 1, 2005 BECAUSE OF THE FACT I DO FEEL LIKE I AM STRANDED ON AN ISLAND AND I CAN NOT BARE IT NO LONGER.