What kind of new partnership is possible when my mind is full of my soulmate (48 yrs of unconditional love) is, for me, one of the most important questions for going on with my life.

• Like 1

Unseasonable is a nice way to put it.  We’ve never been slammed like this in February.  Going to break records.  I can get around somewhat but many places were closed.  2 more storms coming.  The weight of it brought down some huge limbs in my yard.  My satellite tv is hit and miss when you really need/want it.  No fresh foods at the grocers.  Widow down in Tacoma is caught in the same mess.  Even when the storms pass, temps are staying low.  I’ve always hated snow unless it didn’t stick long.  Not this time!

Coldest temp I've ever been in was standing out in -12F waiting for a bus for two hours, Eugene OR http://joedorishweather.blogspot.com/2016/08/record-hottest-and-coldest-weather_64.html

We had some very cold temperatures at night, down into the 20's a couple of times and at one time thought I might have to get my coat out of one of the boxes.  Just lows in the 30's and 40's at night and up into low 70's in the daytime.  Poor little flowering trees all get fooled by spring temperatures, then freeze up this time of year.  Don't miss the snow at all.  They have a recipe to de-ice steps using Dawn liquid, hot water, alcohol and said it would keep working.  2 gal. hot water, 2 T real Dawn, 1 T. alcohol.  Have not tried it yet.  Have not had to.  But it is only middle of February.  We get fooled with cold weather later on.  

• Like 1

I can't imagine weather in the 70s this time of year!  Sounds wonderful!  My little sister is in Egypt for six weeks, she said it's in the 60s there, it looks way more inviting than snow!

On 2/12/2019 at 7:55 AM, kayc said:

I can't imagine weather in the 70s this time of year!  Sounds wonderful!  My little sister is in Egypt for six weeks, she said it's in the 60s there, it looks way more inviting than snow!

Oops!  60's today, 70's tomorrow.  Then dropping back down in the 40's for the weekend.  I'm 20 miles from the Atlantic ocean though.  Thankful for no snow or extreme cold... praying for you Kayc.  Shalom

• Like 1

Aww, thank you, George!  It's snowing right now although not predicted to amount to a lot today, I don't mind 1-2", just hate the large amounts I can't keep up with!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 4:51 PM, Kieron said:

Today at work, it was a day from hell (aside from the temperature out there!).  I miss being able to come home to someone that can listen and help me laugh off the stupid stuff I saw and heard, and help me to not take it seriously.  My boss doesn't want to hear about it, my friends wouldn't "get it" and telling it to the cat isn't the same.  Mark would just say, "Oh well, I love you anyway" and that would be enough to brush away any lingering "stuff" from the day I had just had.

My poor dog has to take all my wrath.  I so miss Tom's teasing. He could almost always make be laugh even though I might try to not show it.

I'm sitting here reading these posts and have had so many of these experiences.  I was lucky to make so many good friends in my grief support group and we have done things together.  Although I love them and enjoy them I hate that "widows" seem to be the only people I can hang out with and feel comfortable.  I had a friend who lost her husband last summer and one of the times I went to visit her, she said I have to apologize to you.  I was a little confused. She said that until now she had no idea what I was going through and she felt bad about it.  I told her that no one knows what it is like until they are there.  I think that is the problem with other people but I want them to do as many things with their spouse as they can because you never know when they won't be there.

Marge M, I too have a friend who was never able to grieve her first husband. It was Christmastime and she had 3 little kids expecting Santa. She has told me she will need me if something happens to her present husband because she was never able to mourn the first so it's going to be a double whammy.  I hope I'll still be around to help her.

We all want our friends to be happy, our kids to live their lives but that doesn't make it any less lonely for us.  Several of us were talking one night and totally see how some of the left behind spouses become alcoholics.  It was be so easy to try to drown your problems but that will only bring more problems.  None of us has the perfedt answer but we have everyone on here and can be totally open with them 

So cheers to us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mlg said:

Several of us were talking one night and totally see how some of the left behind spouses become alcoholics.  It was be so easy to try to drown your problems but that will only bring more problems.

Yeah, eating your problems away doesn't help either!  ;)