I only have my first hand experience with an addiction to coke, so grateful it wasn’t meth.  I truly feel for you, Kevin.  I can only imagine how it would feel seeing your child so poisoning themself and nothing you can do.  I’m happy to here she will not require surgery.  This may be the bottom she needed to hit.  Has to happen before things can turn around.  Always dangerous tho.

keep us apprised of how she and you are doing.  I’m so sorry for all your family.  These things affect so many people beyond the addict.  Hopefully she will get the counseling she will desperately need.

• Like 2

Kevin, three of my four husbands did drugs...I had no idea when I married them that they would but there it is.  I'm thankful that my kids' dad was the one who did not.  He was a good dad, not perfect, but we always provided for our kids, taught them so much and they had a stable life and we instilled good values in them.  I would hate for any child to have to deal with anything less in a parent.  I didn't learn about George's brush with Meth until three weeks before he died...it was a lot to deal with not only in that short time but putting two and two together on my own after his death when he couldn't answer or apologize, well that was a lot to deal with on top of losing him.  I hate what drugs does to people.  The prices paid by families.  I learned it takes an average of seven tries to get off of it even with rehab involvement.  That most of the foster kids in the state of Oregon are there because of drugs.  Drugs causes financial devastation and homelessness.  I despise drugs, there isn't a word strong enough for it.  I agree, cut the head off the snake.  In Bob and George's cases it was their bosses that set them onto it, to get more work out of them...and they weren't the ones that paid the price.  With John, he was just an idiot, got into them of his own accord, sorry, can't see it any other way.  No use for it.  Don't think I'd make a very good drug counselor, my bias is too great.  It caused me way too much in life.

I pray your daughter gets off it for good.  I pray this is the wakeup call of her lifetime.  And for strength for you each day as well.

Ditto to everything Gwen just said!

• Like 3

Kevin, I'm so very sorry. I have no experience with drugs and don't care to. My son told me he and his former friends tried several different ones when they were younger. I was so blind I didn't even see it. Fortunately, he did not become addicted. Some of his friends were not so lucky. Today he shies away from even aspirin.

My heart is with you.

• Like 2

This might be a repeat post or I deleted something...I've been told the Meth Amphetamines of the past and the Chrystal Meth today are totally different...I think today they a "sprinkled" with an Opiod and it is almost immediately addictive...Whatever it is it really screws up the right and wrong function in your brain.....I heard this will find the basement in rock bottom.......

• Like 1

You are right, the meth from 45 years ago is very different from the meth today, I believe today's is synthetic, no telling what's in it.  I remember dealing with a husband who was climbing the walls literally, taking him in emergency, it was horrid.  Today's I'm told is even worse.  Not sure when it changed.