Grief Healing Discussion Groups

anger

I'm back.   I'm really having anger issues since my mom passed in April.    I'm not mad at her, just angry in general.  Like a short circuit in me.   The only ones I've lashed out to was my oldest brother, & I've never lashed out at my oldest brother before.    I know anger is one of the stages in grieving, but when does it go?      I hate this stage.  I rather be sad than mad & irritable.

My friend, it may help you to read a bit about this notion that "anger is one of the stages in grieving." For starters, we now know that, despite what you may have heard, grief does not occur in neatly defined "stages." Better to think of anger as a state of mind rather than a stage you are going through. That said, I invite you to read the following:

What Are The Stages of Grief?

Is Anger One of The Stages of Grief?

In Grief: Acknowledging Jealousy and Anger

Apologizing for Expressing The Anger of Grief

• Upvote 1

I think out of the things they list, this is the truest in my situation:

at others who have not lost what you have lost, who aren’t suffering; who are more fortunate than you and don’t even see it or appreciate it; who cannot understand what you are going through; who will go back to their lives as usual.

So many people love their moms on Facebook & say nice things about them...but they don't get it, that one day they can't say those things to them on Facebook, or in person...Mother's Day I was completely off Facebook.  Didn't want to see all the posts about their mothers.

Thundar,

Knowing you feel angry about losing your mom, I think it's good you guarded yourself by staying off FB on Mother's Day, that's probably wise.