Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Been reading a lot

I laid my mom to rest yesterday.  I've been numb and in shock I think.  But hurting too.  I've been reading a lot on the forum even though I haven't replied.  It's almost an addiction.  The more I read the more I want to read.  

Also ive been keeping busy with my grandchildren.  I suppose it will hit me at some point.  I do miss my wife more.  Well I don't think I could miss her more but just aching for her more.  

It helps to read here, Butch.  It helps knowing there are others going through similar things.  It lets us know what we're going through is normal.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad to see you still standing Butch. I know yesterday had to be so very hard. It's interesting how much we relied on our wive's and husbands for support when we had such hard difficult days. Going through them alone naturally makes you miss them more. That hole seems so big when you stand alone.

• Upvote 1

I know I'm not alone here.  I think that's why I'm reading a lot today.  Partly to avoid.  Partly because I feel less crazy and alone.  

• Upvote 1