Grief Healing Discussion Groups

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:19 PM, KarenK said:

Gin,

Your ice cream story reminded me of the time, I came home from the grocery store after buying meat on sale. I carried it into the utility room intending to put it in my big freezer. I set it on top of the washer so I could open the freezer and evidently "that's all she wrote". Must have gotten sidetracked as it was still sitting on the washer 2 days later when I went to get something from the freezer. Bye, bye meat. Grrr!!

My son says it's not Alzheimer's, that it is Sometimer's. Sometimes we just forget what we are doing. Many of you have mentioned trouble concentrating while reading or watching TV. Fortunately, I do not have that problem at all. It is just as well as that is what I spend the majority of my time doing. My grandson and I have been gradually watching all of the Stargate series late at night. His dad has all the dvds. Now, some of those I have trouble following. Lots of interesting places and fantasy characters.

Anne, I love the "Kintsukuroi" meaning. If we all just had some gold to pass along to each other.

Don't understand the violence either. Unfortunately, it has been and will always be with us.

I call it half-timers because I seems to be forgetting things half the time.  Shalom

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Gin said:

Marg,

I share my birthday with Billy.  It sure is not the same.  First birthday since Al died.  He used to write me a beautiful poem and make a card.  We would do several things during the birthday week...dinner, play, see friends.  Now I will see friends, family, but the best will be missing.  I wish the day will just pass.  I changed my will and trust and picked them up today.  Too much.

Marg, I hope you have some peace.

Gin

Thinking of you today, Gin!happy birthday.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thank you.  Al loved making cards and writing on the computer.  He had very bad vision problems, but worked hard to keep doing what he loved.  The last year he was completely blind and could no longer work on the computer.  He insisted on writing me a poem for my birthday.  So, I sat with my IPAD and took dictation!  We would be watching TV and all of a sudden, he would want to write another verse.   The last lines he ever wrote me were,

"Happy Birthday, Ginny

You I now implore

We've had great years together

Let's have many more."

Sorry to say that did not happen..needless to say, I read my poem often.

• Upvote 6

Well Gin, this one is gonna be big.  Gotta say I am feeling some better.  Sitting with Mama drags me down, but it is my duty and the topic above (grief brain) is the mean (as in bad, not main) reason I am such a coward.  This is your day though and tonight we are gonna "celebrate" Billy's day.  I'm worried about Kelli jumping off the RR trestle though, lots of underwater bad things.  I will talk her out of it.  I will tell her partner and DT will wring her hands and cry if she tries to do it  I know you cannot celebrate, but know you are thought of by all of us.

gin.jpg

• Upvote 3

Gin,

I am late, but hope your birthday was pleasant. I know that we have not reached "happy" yet, but maybe someday................

Marg,

I'm sure Billy loved his balloons. Hope all was well with Kelli.

• Upvote 3