Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Trying To Cope

Cheryl J

I previously responded to another discussion about loss of a relationship. I feel the need to write about this again because I am really struggling. As I deal with my grief of losing my dad in June of this year, I am now dealing with grief of losing the man I was falling in love with. We had been talking about a future together. Out of no where I don't hear from him. Seriously, he left 2 weekends ago and everything was fine. By the following Wednesday......nothing. During this time I have heard from him once (in a text) that he needed time because he wasn't happy with anything right now. He won't tell me what went wrong, was it something I did? I just need some sort of closure but he will not respond to me at all. Funny thing is he still has clothes and other stuff at my house. I am absolutely heartbroken. After being in a verbal, mental and physical abusive relationship prior to meeting him now some of the past is coming back to haunt me. It's more than I can stand right now. Venting like this helps so thank you for letting me rant. Just really sad right now. 

I am so sorry.  You don't need or deserve this.  I doubt you did anything wrong, it's likely him, not you.  I've seen this happen before.  Some people don't have it in them to be supportive of another when they are going through grief.  I wish it were not so.  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, kayc said:

I am so sorry.  You don't need or deserve this.  I doubt you did anything wrong, it's likely him, not you.  I've seen this happen before.  Some people don't have it in them to be supportive of another when they are going through grief.  I wish it were not so.  (((hugs)))

Thanks Kayc.  I just have to vent cause I am really struggling right now. 

• Upvote 1