Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling okay... Medication, time, intention?

Annie0707

I just want to say Thankyou, what a rollercoaster this journey is. I am feeling okay. 

I withdrew from my friends and made my circle small, I went to my doctor when I felt I couldn't go on and needed help, I cried and cried and Cried a little more. It felt like a relief.  I was given an opportunity for grief counselling but when I got the letter I decided it was not for me, not for now anyway. I am very into self help and herbal remedies but I really needed something, my pain was unbearable and my heart was battered and bruised after I lost my brother. The doctor agreed thatmy heart racing was not just a feeling but literally it was palpitating and juddery, I had an ecg, given prescription for propanenol and mirtazapine. They have helped me more than I can say, I found the strength to begin to eat, tablets helped me sleep and I was able to return to work. 

For or now I am feeling ok, and I'm stirring and beginning to feel again.. I don't know, the word feels wrong but .. Happy. 

I think I am blabbering on again sorry for that, when it comes to write words, it comes out a little scattered

but I am grateful for this feeling in this now moment 

love and peace to you all

we are all in this together

hugs to those who need one

hugs to those who don't.. 

that hug will help me too :)

Taking another step...

then another

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Annie0707 said:

I just want to say Thankyou, what a rollercoaster this journey is. I am feeling okay. 

I withdrew from my friends and made my circle small, I went to my doctor when I felt I couldn't go on and needed help, I cried and cried and Cried a little more. It felt like a relief.  I was given an opportunity for grief counselling but when I got the letter I decided it was not for me, not for now anyway. I am very into self help and herbal remedies but I really needed something, my pain was unbearable and my heart was battered and bruised after I lost my brother. The doctor agreed thatmy heart racing was not just a feeling but literally it was palpitating and juddery, I had an ecg, given prescription for propanenol and mirtazapine. They have helped me more than I can say, I found the strength to begin to eat, tablets helped me sleep and I was able to return to work. 

For or now I am feeling ok, and I'm stirring and beginning to feel again.. I don't know, the word feels wrong but .. Happy. 

I think I am blabbering on again sorry for that, when it comes to write words, it comes out a little scattered

but I am grateful for this feeling in this now moment 

love and peace to you all

we are all in this together

hugs to those who need one

hugs to those who don't.. 

that hug will help me too :)

Taking another step...

then another

So glad you are feeling better.  One day at a time.

Cheryl

3 hours ago, seachelle said:

Fundamentally, the mind is an organ just like any other and sometimes, medicine helps it.

I felt bad at first, guilty for needing meds but I didn't feel strong enough to wake up never mind anything else. If I am to be able to help others I must help myself first.. And that is what I am going to do x

• Upvote 1

I am just glad you are feeling happy.  I have moments I feel happy, but I also fight depression and anxiety, I have medicine for the anxiety (low dose) but nothing for the depression...I treat that with self talk, meditation, prayer, etc.