Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't Focus

Cheryl J

Yesterday I was feeling so good about the situation with my boyfriend "needing time" with no explanation.  Over 3 weeks and I still have nothing.  This morning I woke up angry about it because he still has stuff at my house and he refuses to respond to me to let me know when he is going to come get it.  This may be mean but I refuse to take it to him or ship it to him....it was his choice, not mine.  But now I find myself sad.  I keep asking "what did I do?".  I can't focus.  And right now I'm just venting so thanks for listening.

Cheryl

• Upvote 1

When my fiance broke up with me when his mom was dying, I packed up everything he had at my place and left it with his roommate on the front porch the next morning.  You might want to put it in the garage where you don't have to look at it or tell him you're giving him ____ amount of time to come get it or it'll be donated to Goodwill or somewhere.  If he has anything of value, maybe send him a certified letter, give him 30 days (keep a record of it to protect yourself).  You aren't his permanent and free storage.  Barring legal counsel, that's what I'd do.

3 hours ago, kayc said:

When my fiance broke up with me when his mom was dying, I packed up everything he had at my place and left it with his roommate on the front porch the next morning.  You might want to put it in the garage where you don't have to look at it or tell him you're giving him ____ amount of time to come get it or it'll be donated to Goodwill or somewhere.  If he has anything of value, maybe send him a certified letter, give him 30 days (keep a record of it to protect yourself).  You aren't his permanent and free storage.  Barring legal counsel, that's what I'd do.

He has some clothes and tools but not a ton of stuff. I sent him a message this morning asking if he wasn't going to come get it did he want me to just donate it? No response. Just frustrating. No closure. 

I'd pack it up and take it to goodwill or drop it at his house when he's not there.  Make it real inconvenient for him to get through the front door with all the boxes if you go that route ;)  I know the closure if hard, the reality is that he may, and likely does, care more about himself than giving you any closure.  If that is the case then he is truly not worth your time and your best bet is moving on.

Drop it off.  Does he have a roommate that could sign for it?  Take a picture of it at his house before you leave.  You think you know people!  :angry: