Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't Stop Crying Lately

My Mom has been gone 6 months this December 3rd. I just cannot believe this is happening.

And now it is Christmas. The first Christmas without my wonderful Mom. Well, nothing is the same. I can't stand the going out and Christmas shopping. I saw the Christmas cards for "Mom" in the Hallmark store and it liked to have killed me. To know my Mom is not here to get a card for. It is the saddest and weirdest feeling. Tonight it really it me: Mama won't be here this Christmas. Or any other ones. I cannot express how empty I feel inside. I have no excitement about it and no interest in it. Yeah, I am giving presents and all that, but I feel it is almost superficial. I really would like to skip Christmas off this year and get away from it all. But I can't

Today, I was longing for my wonderful Dad too. He would be 86 today. I just cannot express how lonely I feel without my Mom and Dad. I can have lots of people in my life, but without them it is still lonely. I just miss them so much.

I wish I could give you a big hug in person right now Aquarius, I dont know what to write other than how SORRY I am for each of our loneliness and sorrow at a time that is supposed to be the best time of the year.

Just know I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of love your way and when those tears come I'll be right there with you crying mine,

(((HUGS))))

Niamh

• 2 weeks later...

Aquarius7,

My Dad passed away on October 10th, 2010. He was 5 days short of his 87th birthday. He was my best friend and we went walking and had lunch every week. My mom passed away in the summer of 2009 so now they are both gone. No one in my family seems to understand how much I him him/them and they act as if I have a problem that I am grieving so much. They are kind but ask how I am doing as if it is strange that it should be so difficult since they were both elderly and what would I expect?

My Dad was such a huge presence in all family gatherings that it is not the same anymore. I feel the way you do--wish I could just skip the celebrations-they don't mean anything anymore without him there.

I am so sorry for your loss--I know just how you feel.