Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Not Any Easier Today Than Seven Months Ago

My son has been gone 7 months now...everyone is back to their life and looking at me like I'm crazy. My son was my only biological child(have niece who's been like a daughter) and my friend..I feel alone and abandoned..I really can't stand this and don't know what to do...nothing brings joy...they say you have your grandchildren...as much as I love them they do NOT take his place..they are bittersweet...they make me miss him more and what my son is also missing..they are teenagers..middle one just had 16th birthday..oldest one going to the prom..they have moved on with what they're supposed to be doing...life is hell and I don't know how long I can do this..I've started to hide to cry...it's getting worse not better...thanks for listening...have to go to go thru the motions of life

Guest Guest

i'm so sorry angel :(

it has been nearly 8 months since we lost my nephew, my sister's only child. he was 21.(you can find my posts under LOSS OF A CHILD --> "Where do I fit in?")

i know it's not the same, but i loved him dearly. he was born before i had kids of my own and we had a bond... i miss him so much.

i just wanted to share with you that it's ok - you don't have to be over it. no matter what anyone else is feeling or where they are in their grief. it can seem as though life has moved on for everyone else.

every single person in my family is at a different stage. i am doing somewhat better in general with my grief, but i still get knocked down by it often. and i worry that my husband will feel sick of me and my tears. i am lucky - he is wonderful. i think you need someone to talk to, who doesn't expect you to be over it. there is no bond like that of a mother and child, and no measure of the grief of that loss. you are entitled to your tears and shouldn't feel you need to hide them. you are in my thoughts.

i'm so sorry angel :(

it has been nearly 8 months since we lost my nephew, my sister's only child. he was 21.(you can find my posts under LOSS OF A CHILD --> "Where do I fit in?")

i know it's not the same, but i loved him dearly. he was born before i had kids of my own and we had a bond... i miss him so much.

i just wanted to share with you that it's ok - you don't have to be over it. no matter what anyone else is feeling or where they are in their grief. it can seem as though life has moved on for everyone else.

every single person in my family is at a different stage. i am doing somewhat better in general with my grief, but i still get knocked down by it often. and i worry that my husband will feel sick of me and my tears. i am lucky - he is wonderful. i think you need someone to talk to, who doesn't expect you to be over it. there is no bond like that of a mother and child, and no measure of the grief of that loss. you are entitled to your tears and shouldn't feel you need to hide them. you are in my thoughts.