Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Older Brother Dave

Maria M

On December 21st 2006, I got that phone call that I never wanted to get. I was home with my older brother Kevin. The phone started ringing so I got up and answer the phone. They person said on the other end they asked if this was the Mandel family. They said that there has been a car accident. And the my brother was killed on impact. My brother was 25 when he died. He would be turning 26 on December 26th. He was a great guy. He liked to sing and play the guitar. He was in the worship band at the church he went to. He and I where really close together. He was my big brother he was someone i could trust and talk to when something was wrong. He was driving home from Ny. he was about 10 miles away from our house when he died. I still reamber the last words he said to me. He said " I love you Maria I will see you at Christmas.

• 1 year later...

I just lost my brother in March. I don't know how to deal with it. My mother is doing really bad. He was hit while riding a motorcycle. I try to block it out, but it bothers me. I lost a lot of energy by holding the pain in, but I just dont know how to deal with it? I found this site by accident, but it's the best thing so far because people can relate to eachothers pain. I wish you good times and hope that we all get better with time.

I am so sorry for your loss, cheesy words...but abccurate, it is a huge loss. I'm so sorry you didn't get to see him at Christmas...and every christmas after that. My older brother died in a car accident at 22. He died in October 06

Every body's grief journey is so different. It just hurts...It has been 2 and a half years for me. Overall I would say for me that is my main feeling. sometimes other things... but mostly...this ache of pain and longing. I think for me it just goes in cycles of bad days. On the bad days I just pray you have friends to reach out to when you are ready and in that mood. bask in the good things you have and smile knowing that your brother would be happy for your life. I am so sorry. hold on there will be a better day.