Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Just Lost My Son 2 In Half Months Ago

MARI

Dear Jack's Mom ~ I know from your earlier posts that you are struggling, and my heart goes out to you. You ask what will it take for you to accept what has happened, and I'm afraid there is nothing you can ever say or do that will make this horrible reality "acceptable." You will mourn the death of your son every day of your life for the remainder of your life, and it will never, ever be "acceptable" to you that he has been ripped away from you this way. As every one of us on this compassionate site will tell you, over time (and a very long time at that) you will learn to live with it, and the intensity of the pain you are feeling now will diminish over time, we promise ~ provided that you continue to seek the support of others, as you have done by coming here to share your story with us.

I've just finished reading a book entitled A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows through Loss. The author lost his wife, mother and a daughter in a single automobile accident, and he writes about his struggle to come to terms with this catastrophic loss. I got the book based on Boo's recommendation, and it is indeed extraordinary. If you decide to read it, you may find that it speaks to you in a wise and meaningful way, too.

See also this article on the Open to Hope Web site: I Just Lost My Son: Mother Reaches Out for Help

Please know that we are sending you warm hugs of comfort, peace and healing . . .