Grief Healing Discussion Groups

People Do Not Understand

STARKISS

Hi All,

I am having so much problems right now and people just do not understand what I am going through... I get sick and people at work are so harsh, they say they understand but when something comes up it is all my fault... I did not ask for any of this to happen to me and I am not to blame but people at work keep blaming me for getting sick and taking time off work... When they have to tell someone to stay home because of not enough work I am always the one that they tell not to come in...

I AM NOT THE ONE WHO DID THIS I AM A VICTIM.....

Hi All, Another thing has come to mind, my dad caused alot of my problems today and it is because of him that I am so ill... I am so stressed out that I am not eating properly or sleeping well either and that is why my body is getting so sick because it is not strong enough to fight the viruses that are attacking it right now... Shelley

Dad I hate you for all the problems you are causing me right now and for making my work think that I am a complete sicky and that I do not want to work... Shelley

I'm sorry Shelley work are being so awful to you, you are SO SO SO RIGHT, it is NOT your fault. Vent away Shelley about your Dad if you want, it certainly can't do any harm just getting out those feelings and we are here to listen.

I wish I could take away your pain, all I can do is hope so much that when you tell your family there will be some extra support for you that will help you through this awful awful time.

I don't know what else to say. Sending you a big huge hug and lots of love and peace, I just want your Mom to send you some real loving comfort some way some how so you don't feel so alone.

xoox

Shelley,

I can understand how things are getting difficult for you, and all the problems you are experiencing at work. I think the anxiety could be related to the session you are about to have with your family. Looking back at your posts, I can say I admire you for being persistent. You have endured so much to get back on your feet, and I am sure your mom in heaven is looking down on you with a smile. You have come a long long way Shelley, every step, every challenge..you are looking to get through it and that means you are a fighter. No matter how bad things seem to get, keep going, you have endured so much and whatever challenges come your way I know you will overcome.

Remember, this too shall pass and things will get better. Don't worry about what other people think, they don't know your story. You have come out victorious from various challenges, don't let despair take over you. We all here are rooting for you Shelley :-)

Big super hug for you,

-L

Oh My, I have to take yet another day off, my doctor's office called and wants me in for another appointment... I just did my physical for the year and had so many blood tests done and now the doctor wants to go over the results with me... I am a little nervous because it is the first time she has ever wanted to see me after my physical... I hope there is nothing wrong or atleast nothing serious... Shelley

Hi All, I guess when they said it rains, it pours while last Saturday I told the family about the abuse and that was such a hard thing to do but not only did i have that on my mind but a few days before I told them I received a call from the doctor's office and they have some test results that the doctor wants to go over with me ... My doctor is the type of doctor that would only call if there was a real problem... Now Saturday is over and it is Monday I am getting ready to go to the doctor to hear the results.. I am very nervous and freaked out, I just do not need anything else on my plate right now... Shelley

Hi All The doctor's appointment was just okay, I found out I was b12 and d vitamins low... So now I am taking more vitamins and hopefully that will make the levels better... Here I am today though sick again at home, I went to work to be send home after throwing up twice... I just do not know what is going on... I think it is stress but who knows.. Shelley

Glad it's nothing serious Shelley...........you know maybe it is just your body getting things out of it, all the stress and pressure especially in recent weeks, now that things have been shared with your family, you've been feeling better emotionally about everything, now your body is just emptying itself of that stress. Hope you will feel better real soon

xx

Hi Shelley,

I am relieved that it was not something more serious. I want to tell you about a book that you may find helpful. I know that I did. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.ca/When-Body-Says-No-Hidden/dp/0676973124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297962654&sr=8-1

For sure Shelley, what you have been able to do and tell, is so HUGE and so HEALING. At the same time though, it also gives rise to different body reactions, as once we tell that first time, our bodies hold the memory as well as our mind, so our body goes through this "letting go" of the secret as "our mind" did when the time was right and we told the secret.

I can not stress enough that self-care, and finding relaxation skills that work for us are vitally important to our well-being.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carol Ann, Thanks for the title of the book I intend on reading it, I just think if I can relax a little more than I will be okay... The therapist I am seeing has me setting up things to do to help deal with the stress... After talking this week I discovered I do not unwind from work I just keep on going till I go to sleep at night so now I am working on activities to help me unwind more... Shelley