Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Insecure

I am new to this discussion group concept but thought I would give it a try. My mother passed on April 7, 2011 very suddenly and then my mother-in-law passed on April 18, 2011. It feels like EVERYTHING has changed. What I am struggling with most right now is insecurity: I feel so disconnected from everyone. I have a great husband, family and tons of friends and I know that they are their for me I just feel so distant from them. I have a lot going on in my life and feel very overwelmed but as soon as I take something off my plate I fill it with another task. I want to be able to sit down and relax but I just can't. I am taking out on my husband and that is not fair because he lost his mother too. I guess I am reaching out because I need to hope that this will pass and sone suggestions as to how to make this process move faster.

Dawn - Four days on and I'm nuking my earlier reply post. Used too many words. Not sure they helped. Probably I wasn't the right person to reply. God speed your recovery. - Ron B.

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandmother died April 11th of this year and I can say I am still in a fog. When the fog occasionally lifts I just find myself wanting to scream because of the pain. I get so nervous that I don't want to let my kids out of my sight - yet I get so angry at them because of their petty little fights.

Some days are harder than others. Don't know if I am offering any support or help - but just know you are not alone.