Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of My Best Friend

keavan

10 years ago I picked Annie out of a litter of 13 little fuzzy Golden Retriever puppies. I brought her home and she became my closest companion, she went everywhere with me despite her large size for a Golden (120Lbs).

She and her little all black feline brother and I moved to the midwest for a time then we moved back to west, all three of us in rent-a-trucks. Annie was first diagnosed with fluid in her left eye, then lymphoma. She had the best vet. He said all we could do was hope and pray---which I did right up until Annie's passing over the Ranbow Bridge on Friday, Feb. 3rd. I'm lost and would be more devastated if I didn't have my cat "Puter" to share the grief.

I belong to Prayers For Pets and everyday I see postings from people who love their pets and have lost them or they have passed on. I feel for each one of them. I don't know how long it will take me to stop thinking about my loss.

I thank God He didn't let her linger in pain. I also thank him for the 10 wonderful years he gave me with her.

• 6 months later...

Hi Keavan,

I am so very sorry for your loss, I can not even imagine what you are going through.. Annie was a big part of your family and your life and without her it may seem you can not go on... In time you will be able to go on, but for now just take it one day at a time and it will get easier with time.... Take care and God Bless You Shelley