Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meme

Hi Meme,

I read your loss the other night.  Could not reply then as I felt so sad for you.    I know the life you are now going through so well.    In May I had to let my almost 15 year old Gb go.  It was because of acute respiratory problems and after 48 hours in an ER in an oxygen cage they told me, and i already knew in my heart, that he had absolutely no quality of life anymore.   I stayed as he took his last breaths and he was able to lift his head and sniff my head like he used to do but then he started not being able to breathe so I nodded to the vet and gave him a kiss and he left this life.   

It's really really hard yet even as I type those words.   However, I want to say - you must force yourself to eat 3 x a day even if only a little bit, drink lots of fluids. Sleeping is very difficult for quite awhile.  If you are able make sure to get some exercise like walking each day.    And make sure and cry and tell your story as many times as you need to do that.   here is a very good place.   And I love your for doing the courageous final act of love.   it's very difficult to take care of  ourselves at this time - however, we must, if only as a tribute to our missing soulmate.

Like your kitty, we were very bonded.  There is always a super special animal that comes into our lives and connects at a very deep level.

You can read about and see pictures of Gb at this link below.

Of course feel free to message me if you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words it's nearly two months since she has gone it's really hit me hard today as I know now in my heart she is gone forever and have lost such a good friend and companion I loved her so much. Thanks again to all of you and your kind words 

Meme,

It's hard to believe it's been that long but it probably seems longer to you.  Thinking of you...