Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Little Girl

Hi, I am new to this board. I lost my only little girl jan. 12, 06 to what we believe was due to hospital negligence. I miss her so much and sometimes feel so lost with out her. Where I was she was. She had been in the hospital for 4 days with a bladder infection then 3 days later she passed away. The autopsy revealed that she weighed 12lbs more than what she did just 3 days before she passed away. Her lungs were full of fluid, and the er report stated that cause of death was acute cardiorespiratory arrest. I have been married for 16 years and have another child, a son who is 9 years old, he misses his sister so much I can see the hurt in his eyes sometimes. My little girl had just turned 5 years old 2 weeks before her passing. None of this makes sense to us at all. My husband misses her so much she thought the sun rose and set in her daddy. How do you deal with the loneliness of not getting to hold them and tell them you love them and kiss them goodnight? It has been 13 weeks for us and still sometimes feels like it was yesterday and sometimes this has been the longest 3 months of our lives. How do you get thru this? any advice

Hi, We recently lost our daughter. It has been 5 months and 4 days. It still seems like yesterday. The pain and empty feelings are just as great. We still cant believe she is not with us. We lost Lindsay to a car crash while she was at school. I dont know when it will get better. D.C.

• 2 weeks later...

how old was your daughter? my husband says everyday it isn't getting any better is it? and of course my answer is always no it's not, how in the world is a person suppose to get thru this? how do you deal with the missing her so bad, my arms ache to hold her, of course the way that she passed basically in my arms, those images stick in my mind morning, noon and night, i dream about that day every day. to see the life drain out of your child and you can't do anything about it, you are just helpless ya know. i do believe that she is in a better place, and she will never have to face the coldness and uncertainty of this world, but it still doesn't help knowing i can't ever hold her here again. we didn't realize how a 5 year old could affect this small community where we live, there were about 200 people that came to her funeral, i don't remeber much more than that from that day, and i only know that from looking at the funeral book everyone signed. people see me in the store and run the other way, i guess they just don't know what to say and are scared, i understand i guess. do people do this to you? if they would realize all they would have to do is just say how are you doing, or just a hug and walk away. i guess for some maybe that's too much.

Hi, We recently lost our daughter. It has been 5 months and 4 days. It still seems like yesterday. The pain and empty feelings are just as great. We still cant believe she is not with us. We lost Lindsay to a car crash while she was at school. I dont know when it will get better. D.C.