Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Goodbye My Beloved Little Brother

Jason

I want to say goodbye to my beloved mate, he's a 9 yrs old cat. After the discussion with the vet, me and my mother decided to put my little brother to sleep. It is very unfortunate that CRF got him, and I can't still bear the fact that he is gone. I moved to Canada 10 years ago from my home country, and my family got him a year later when my father abandoned us. I still remember he was so tiny at that time. We play together, we sleep together and we grow up together ( He's just like my little brother), and now that he is gone. Even tho I know time will heal the pain that I have inside, and I know this is going to be a long long road, but I am also glad that he will no longer suffer from CRF... Hope that he will once again be very happy and stay healthy in the other world.

Here is a picture of me and my little brother

IPB Image

Dear Jason,

Please accept my deepest sympathies in the loss of your "little brother". The picture of you two is so sweet, as I'm sure your beloved feline friend was, too. Our fur-girl also has CRF and I know what a heart-breaking illness it can be....of course, any illness is when it comes to our loved/loving companions. I'm so sorry he only made it to 9 years. It's different for every cat with this condition, and I'm sure you did what you could for him.

Please know that you can keep coming back here, to share memories of him and your relationship together, to vent about how you're feeling as you try to continue on without him here, or anything else you need to talk about. The fact that you got him soon after your dad left makes an additional mark on the importance of your relationship with him and I wouldn't be surprised if that intensifies your anguish over losing him ( and perhaps even the loss of your dad ), so don't think you're abnormal if this happens. Just feel however you feel, in order to start healing, whenever.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

PS I live in Canada, too.

Guest Kathy K-H

Dear Jason,

I am watching the site in Marty's absence. I opened the beautiful photo of you and your beloved cat, and saw in his face a wise, present, deep spirit. And in yours so much tenderness and love. My heart goes out to you to be without your brother. Our animal friends give themselves so generously and wholly to us in friendship and love, how can we not show our gratitude by grieving? Take good care of yourself, ok?

Kathy

• 2 months later...

Dear Jason,

I am so very, very, sorry for your loss of your little brother. I lost my little sister Misty and I remember missing her so much so I can imagine how much you are missing your little brother.. I will pray for you and I am sending you a hug Take care Shelley